04/22/15, 07:19 PM   #1
stAjora
Email Limits

Does anyone know what the email send per second limit is before you get punished?
What is the max character limit for one email?
How long do emails just containing text usually take to arrive?
Do emails (text) sometimes fail to arrive? If so, is there a notification stating that delivery failed?

What functions would you use to figure out if someone has learned a specific crafting trait?

I suck at math, how many possible combinations can you make only using two characters only using characters on an English keyboard?

Last edited by stAjora : 04/22/15 at 07:25 PM.
04/22/15, 09:29 PM   #2
Sasky
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
For (1), look at the mass guild mailing addons. They've had to throttle down to prevent the user being kicked. I don't know what the timing is, however.

3) It varies wildly. Sometimes it only takes a dozen seconds. More often you'll have to zone (or even relog) in order for the mail to show up.

4) The mailbox can be full. It might indicate that, but not sure.

5) http://wiki.esoui.com/API and search for "ResearchLine"

6) The most common way to get binary into text would be base-64 encoding, which is essentially A-Z, a-z, and 0-9 then 2 extra. If you counted all special characters you could probably get more, but it'd be more difficult processing, as it isn't a power of 2.

Base64 puts you at 64^2, which is 4096 distinct values (128 bits). For crafting, you're looking at 14*9=126 bits for clothing alone, which would need just 4 characters if you bit pack (0 or 1 for if learned). Since woodworking has roughly half the items, you could store all 3 hard crafts in 10 characters. (Note that this doesn't leave room for future traits. You could just add characters onto the end for that when they appear, though)
04/23/15, 02:16 AM   #3
Migoda
Originally Posted by Sasky View Post
For (1), look at the mass guild mailing addons. They've had to throttle down to prevent the user being kicked. I don't know what the timing is, however.
A delay of 1 second between mails is fine from my experience.
04/23/15, 11:28 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Mailbox size is about 50 mails, but can be more sometimes. You normally get noticed if you send an email and the recicpient's inbox is full (Alert message at the top of the screen saying recipient's mailbox is full).

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Email Limits