04/18/15, 04:12 PM   #1
Ayantir

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
ZOS Console UI

Just have a look at what they did :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAnThKbSjNY

Original video :
http://www.twitch.tv/zenimaxonlinestudios/v/3711373

Last edited by Ayantir : 04/18/15 at 04:15 PM.
04/18/15, 04:29 PM   #2
QuadroTony
Banned
not impressed
04/19/15, 11:30 AM   #3
Werewolf Finds Dragon
Hm. Some of those features would be great to have as options in the PC version. Mostly the menus, and especially the dialogue system. Why? MMOs can be daunting to the visually disabled and it can be irritating to have to use Windows Magnifier for everything. I'm not saying that this should be on for everyone (as I know there's someone out there waiting to jump to that conclusion), but rather that it [i]can[i] be enabled in bits and pieces as required.

Making this available to addon authors would be brilliant, so that an addon menu could be created to toggle parts of the menu on and off. If ZOS did that, that'd be rad. It means that it wouldn't impact their polish, but if anyone is visually disabled, it'd help them out a great deal. There are actually people out there who liked Skyrim's interface better than SkyUI (heretics, you may scream from a passing bus, but it's for good reason), as it made things big enough to see without requiring excessive Windows Magnifier use.

So I really hope this does come to the PC. I'm even thinking of giving ZOS_ChipHilseberg a poke about this.
04/20/15, 09:51 AM   #4
Halja

ZOS was using PCs to at least prototype the console GUI. The console GUI is in the same code base as the PC. It was not done yet the last time I messed with it. And it may have branched to it's own now.
--Halja

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » ZOS Console UI