03/11/17, 08:32 AM   #1
manavortex

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
[outdated] Housing: Who turned off the lights?

Hey there,

I'm suffering from a time-consuming side-effect of Housing, which is caused by us having a guild hall which is, by the very nature of the thing, open to the whole guild: Some protozoans think it's funny to turn off the lights.

Since my husband and I spend far too much time just turning on lights in the guild hall, I have found myself wanting the following things:
  1. A "Viewer" visitor mode
    I want a mode where people can enter my house, but not change the status of anything. They're free to use the crafting stations and sit on chairs, but I don't want them to be able to toggle lights.
  2. An option to lock/unlock my houses via API, so I can turn visitor access on and off
  3. An API event when someone enters my house
    I would like to be able to get a notification when someone enters one of my homes.
  4. An API event when someone interacts with a furnishing item in my house
    I would like to be able to log who does what in my house.

While point 1 solves my problem, since I can just add that as general permission for everyone and leave my houses open, I would also very much appreciate point 2 as a better control option (I noticed that I had forgotten to turn off visitor access while I was in the middle of a dungeon.)

As for point 3 and 4, while they are not strictly necessary, I would very much like to have them.

03/11/17, 09:35 AM   #2
silvereyes

Originally Posted by manavortex View Post
  • A "Viewer" visitor mode
    I want a mode where people can enter my house, but not change the status of anything. They're free to use the crafting stations and sit on chairs, but I don't want them to be able to toggle lights.
IMO, changing the status of lights should just be limited to the existing Decorator privileges. Lighting is a part of decorating.

• An option to lock/unlock my houses via API, so I can turn visitor access on and off
There are already quite a few API functions related to permissions. Just go to http://wiki.esoui.com/API and search for "Housing" in your browser. It would be a fairly straightforward exercise to remember current permissions in SavedVars and then restore them with an addon.

• An API event when someone enters my house
    I would like to be able to get a notification when someone enters one of my homes.
  • An API event when someone interacts with a furnishing item in my house
    I would like to be able to log who does what in my house.
Even better would be an entire visitor history in the default UI. Something akin to the guild history tab, but for housing.

03/13/17, 01:58 PM   #3
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
I relayed these ideas to the housing designer. We'll take them in account as we continue to improve the system.

03/18/17, 08:49 AM   #4
manavortex

Originally Posted by ZOS_ChipHilseberg View Post
I relayed these ideas to the housing designer. We'll take them in account as we continue to improve the system.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Wish List » [outdated] Housing: Who turned off the lights?