06/24/22, 05:00 AM   #1
fredd
Which addon would this be? Survey 'reminder' filling the screen so I don't 'forget'

Anyone able to narrow down which addon is feeling the need to cover half the screen with this message? It is appearing in response to doing one survey & having a duplicate in my inventory. When I do the first one I get a message

It started the other day the first saying that I have more than 1 more survey maps[sic] & I mustn't forget to come back when it respawns.
Never seen a message that big.
I managed to screengrab a slightly different message today You have one of this survey maps[sic] left! Come back after respawn!

Today it even flashed it at me!
Short of rifling through every lua of a million & one addons, I'm stumped. And I've looked through quite a few.

I doubt it is Zenni because of the English.

I don't have Minion so nothing has updated without me knowing.

P.S. I gave up trying to get the image button to display it in forum so here is the link. The first message was twice this length!

https://postimg.cc/k2vXkB80

Last edited by fredd : 06/24/22 at 05:08 AM.
06/24/22, 05:33 AM   #2
Valve

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I don't know what addon that's coming from, but if you have Notepad++ you can "find in files" for "Come back after respawn!" for all *.lua files in the addon folder and it should tell you which file (and therefore which addon) it's coming from.

As for image embed, you need the .png link e.g.
06/24/22, 05:43 AM   #3
fredd
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Valve View Post
I don't know what addon that's coming from, but if you have Notepad++ you can "find in files" for "Come back after respawn!" for all *.lua files in the addon folder and it should tell you which file (and therefore which addon) it's coming from.

As for image embed, you need the .png link e.g.

You are bloody brilliant! Twice! Thanks for both bits of information. Beammeup is the culprit. I've been at this for hours & you fixed it within minutes
I'll be keep this notepad++ thing too, just downloaded it, it will save me hours in the future. Absolutely wizard!

Now to try to edit it to remove the message without breaking it Or maybe I turned it on by mistake I'll check that first, brilliant addon been using it forever never seen these messages before.

Last edited by fredd : 06/24/22 at 05:50 AM.
06/24/22, 05:49 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Just check the settings of Beammeup and disable it?
Edited files will be gone after next update of the addon and ifI remember correctly there is a setting for it
06/24/22, 06:00 AM   #5
fredd
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Just check the settings of Beammeup and disable it?
Edited files will be gone after next update of the addon and ifI remember correctly there is a setting for it
I literally discovered this in the last minute. I created a new character this week & messed with its settings I think, by accident.

Yes I am a moron

On the upside I now know about that notepad++ thing & it is epic! So I'm happy

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Which addon would this be? Survey 'reminder' filling the screen so I don't 'forget'