12/13/18, 10:35 PM   #1
squeex95
Manually installing addons running linux

Hey everyone, so instead of taking anymore time tinkering trying to get Minion to run. I'm going to just try and install them manually, my question is where should I make the addons folder? Currently I have it in the Documents folder, but the addons aren't showing up in-game.
12/14/18, 04:35 AM   #2
Provision

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You have to put the file in the same user than eso when you run it with administrator right.
12/14/18, 03:23 PM   #3
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
https://wiki.esoui.com/UserFolder
12/23/18, 03:55 PM   #4
squeex95
Right, I just can't seem to find the correct path since installing Linux.
12/23/18, 06:14 PM   #5
DunkleMaterie
Originally Posted by squeex95 View Post
Right, I just can't seem to find the correct path since installing Linux.
Hey, I'm not an expert, but you could search your hard disk for a file named 'UserSettings.txt' after starting, login and closing ESO? The folder in which this file exists, is the ESO directory where you can create a new folder named 'AddOns'. In this folder each addon will exist in a subdirectory.

HTH
12/24/18, 03:59 PM   #6
merlight
Usually it's "$HOME/Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/live/AddOns",
but that's assuming Wine links the Windows' "My Documents" folder to "$HOME/Documents".

I remember some older Wine versions pointed "My Documents" to "$HOME" instead, which was quite surprising and inconvenient (then ESO put it's stuff directly in "$HOME/Elder Scrolls Online").
You can check and possibly fix where "My Documents" point to in winecfg (tab Desktop Integration), or manually check the symlink in "$WINEPREFIX/drive_c/users/$USER/"
01/02/19, 02:47 PM   #7
merlight
Just in case someone gets hit by another still unfixed eso client quirk I've just encountered.

Upon startup, the client wants to decide whether it's "live" or "pts" (i.e. the name of the settings directory). Problem is this guess fails if the current working directory is not .../game/client/ (where eso64.exe lies). It's probably looking for some .version file via relative path, which obviously fails if you run eso from any other directory using command like `WINEPREFIX="$HOME/games/ESO" wine "c:/ZOS/ESO/game/client/eso64.exe"`. The client then falls back to using "ESO_BUILD_BRANCH" as the name of the settings directory.

Here's a command I used to find out where the heck is ESO looking for settings (type in terminal while ESO client is running):
bash Code:
  1. lsof -c eso64.exe | grep -i logs
It should show path to .../Logs/interface.log
directories AddOns and SavedVariables should then be next to Logs
01/02/19, 03:03 PM   #8
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Originally Posted by merlight
It's probably looking for some .version file via relative path
During the beta I was working on an ESO manager tool (which I have stopped pretty fast). I remember the client changing and reading some data from the following files. Maybe thery are still the "version" files:

/Path to ESO game files/The Elder Scrolls Online/depot/_databuild/databuild.stamp
or for PTS
/Path to ESO game files/The Elder Scrolls Online PTS/depot/_databuild/databuild.stamp

Example content for live:
Code:
4000.win.1707942.live.1707887
2018/12/07:22:50:05

Example content for PTS:
Code:
2100.win.1674714.rc.1674693
2018/10/12:03:14:29
02/26/19, 10:07 AM   #9
Headpool182
Were you able to get the location sorted? i"m using Steam play, and I'm not sure where it stores the files.
02/27/19, 03:36 AM   #10
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Should be in "Steam/steamapps/common" like all steam games.
And the AddOns should be here: https://wiki.esoui.com/UserFolder
02/27/19, 06:57 AM   #11
Octarinewolf
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Should be in "Steam/steamapps/common" like all steam games.
And the AddOns should be here: https://wiki.esoui.com/UserFolder
He's asking about Steamplay (i.e. running it in Linux under Proton) where the add-on folder is usually in the users Steam Library /steamapps/compatdata/306130/pfx/drive_c/users/steamuser/My Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/
04/21/19, 08:19 AM   #12
maxheadroom2000
Originally Posted by Octarinewolf View Post
He's asking about Steamplay (i.e. running it in Linux under Proton) where the add-on folder is usually in the users Steam Library /steamapps/compatdata/306130/pfx/drive_c/users/steamuser/My Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/
Since the library can be installed in different places, it can be a little bit of a challenge to find. I can usually search for the game's Steam ID, which is 306130. You should find a folder in a path proceeded by ...steamapps/compdata/, as Octarinewolf shows. For me, my Steam library exists inside my home folder in a hidden folder named .steam. So to search for it, in my home folder I have to make sure to show hidden files first.

My entire path looks like this:
/home/myusername/.steam/steam/steamapps/compatdata/306130/pfx/drive_c/users/steamuser/My Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/live/AddOns

I hope this helps someone. BTW, every addon I've tried (that I know actually works) works well in ESO on Steam Play. In fact, Steam Play works so well now, that I run Linux full time, and only run ESO on Linux.
03/02/22, 12:39 AM   #13
defcultist
Thumbs up i did this: file browser: search: "SteamLibrary/ste..."

open your file manager and
you can find the right folder by searching for the string:
SteamLibrary/steamapps/compatdata/306130/pfx/drive_c/users/steamuser/My Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/live/AddOns

if you just search for 306130 (in /home) you will (i did) find two folders, one is the pfx, the correct one

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Manually installing addons running linux