05/01/14, 05:28 PM   #1
MercierX
Item dB

Not sure if this was asked before, I didn't see a thread on a quick scan. I used Wowhead when I played WoW and was wondering if esohead was going to get the item dB function that Wowhead has?

05/06/14, 12:15 PM   #2
Zerikin
I know they are capturing data but I've not seen anything go up yet. I've submitted some myself and it stills says I have no contributions.

05/10/14, 10:51 AM   #3
thelegendaryof

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
See here:

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=454#info

Basically uses the base Database from Esohead (16.000+ Templates) modified by myself. Most of them aren't publicy available and only contain names but a really really really large amount of them are correct. I'm also building the correct Itemnames (unlike Esohead can) for any crafted Items. It pretty much complete for English (small missmatches here and there maybe). I've tested it really extensively.

I've already written a Collector which isn't enabled yet (the code is already in the addon at a rough state). But it basically grabs all Items from the Inventory, Bank and Guild Banks and dumps them. I'll go and implement an additional option to dump all Iteminfos as well not needed for pure translation (sadly one can't access the Tooltips programatically).

So in short useable via a simple command (not enabled yet and name of the command might change):

/dump-items extended

Which then provides all data, preformated & ready to be copy & pasted. In this format:

Lua Code:
  1. [id] = { ["name"] = "Item XYZ", ["level_requirement"] = 25, ["quality"] = 50, ["enchantment"] = 25987 ...

Might help for anyone looking to collect Itemdata.

It 's important to notice that ESO uses an Template-Based Database rather then a simple static Item-Database.

So there are really really many possible combinations with the supplied templates which would ultimatively result in many many Items if one would like to track all possible combinations.

Last edited by thelegendaryof : 05/10/14 at 11:18 AM.

05/20/14, 11:06 AM   #4
SpiffyJr
Esohead Brogrammer
thelegendaryof hit the nail on the head. There are an enormous amount of items available in ESO due to the way their system works. If you have any ideas on how we could display the information in an easy manner we're all ears!

ESOUI » Site Forums » ESOHead help, bugs, suggestions/questions » Item dB