03/19/19, 11:54 PM   #1
zowiesurfs
Post Multiple Chat Windows?

Do I just not know how to open a new window? I can only create tabs, but can't seem to separate them into different windows?
Any of you madlads able to code that? Only played a handful of mmo's, but never have I encountered this problem, and it's killing me. Usually I have 4-5 customized windows. It's possible in WOW, Aion, Blade & Soul.. but not ESO???
03/20/19, 08:52 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Yeah, know restriction of eso :-(
Try /bug ingame and ask for more :-)

There is an addon enabling multiple chattabs. Search for Chat in addon search and you'll find it.
03/20/19, 12:21 PM   #3
zowiesurfs
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
There is an addon enabling multiple chattabs. Search for Chat in addon search and you'll find it.
If we're talking about the same one, I already tried it and it didn't seem to work.. The main mod, and a patch someone else made for it, are both from 2014

I've submitted a ticket in "Impairs Functionality -> UI -> Chat Box", but if people have been wanting this since '14, I highly doubt that message will convince them.

So there are no modders/coders here I can reach out to that could possibly make this a reality? I could of course throw in some money for it, don't know how much he/she'd be asking, but I reaaally want this function haha
03/20/19, 12:42 PM   #4
Rhyono
Our ZOS gods prevent us demi-gods from doing certain things. This is one of them.
03/20/19, 02:01 PM   #5
Marazota
tried this?
https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...atIt.html#info
03/20/19, 02:05 PM   #6
Rhyono
The caveat is that you can only type in the original, because sending messages is locked down.
03/20/19, 02:26 PM   #7
Shinni
Originally Posted by Rhyono View Post
The caveat is that you can only type in the original, because sending messages is locked down.
Hm, I don't know how exactly that addon works, but maybe the addon could be modified to just switch the windows in the background.

Let's say window A is the original one and some non-original window B obtains the focus (e.g. the player clicks on it).
Then the addon switches the position, size, displayed text buffer, chat channel etc of window A and B and give focus to the original window A.

Technically the user can still only send messages in the original window A, but for the user experience it would be the same as if every window could send messages.

Last edited by Shinni : 03/20/19 at 02:32 PM.
03/20/19, 04:11 PM   #8
zowiesurfs
Originally Posted by Marazota View Post
No! But now I have! It works Thanks <3

Originally Posted by Shinni View Post
Technically the user can still only send messages in the original window A, but for the user experience it would be the same as if every window could send messages.
That would be awesome.
03/20/19, 04:38 PM   #9
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Maybe if you like to learn to work with 1 chat window, or no other addon is helping for you, try the following addon:

FCOChatTabBrain
You create many tabs in teh 1 chat window and right clic kthe tab's header to setzp the options of each tab.
1 Tab for system, 1 for say/yell/zone chat, 1 for guilds, 1 for group, 1 for whispers.
Setup the addon and it will automatically switch to the tab where incoming messages are written.
It supports auto switching, pressing return key automatically switches the active chat tab's chat channel to the incoming message sou can answer directly. Plays sounds for notifications.
Redirects chat messages if you type them so they will open the tab you have designed to be sued for it. e.g. type a /p party/group message somewhere and you'll be in the group tab automatically.
And some other features.

Maybe it helps you as well. But I doubt it's compatible with other chat addons using multiple windows!
The only addon I'm sure it works flawlessly with is "pChat", which is also a real lifesaver with Chat!
03/21/19, 03:02 AM   #10
Marazota
Baertram and Rhyono was wrong ChatIt still works
03/21/19, 09:08 AM   #11
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
I wasn't talking about ChatIt (did not know this or forgot about it).
I refered to this one:
https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...orUpdate5.html
03/21/19, 10:20 AM   #12
Rhyono
Originally Posted by Marazota View Post
Baertram and Rhyono was wrong ChatIt still works
Originally Posted by Rhyono View Post
It's not multiple chat windows; it's one chat window and multiple message lists.

However, if Shinni's idea worked, then it would (to the end user) be a workaround the API locked functions.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Multiple Chat Windows?