07/14/20, 04:45 PM   #1
Gandamir
Inventory Insight

Hello,

Inventory Insight has a new issue where it is leaving a window on screen.

While this has been reported in the comments for InvIns, it appears to be a dormant project last updated on 2019-10-22.

Is there anyone who knows if the developers (manavortex, AssemblerManiac) are still active? And if not, does someone want to revive this beloved addon?

Thanks,

Gandamir
07/15/20, 01:08 AM   #2
Sharlikran

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
So far the only error I can reproduce is the one by Phinix which I have already fixed and submitted to the author. The other errors are just user issues. For example I do not have the Inventory Insight window mysteriously popping up when I edit my player home. I have not tried the PVP one but I don't like to PVP. However, I don't expect the windows to open.

The one with the tooltip error is just due to too many mods all adding tooltips. No surprise there. Most of the tooltips I use are from CraftStore anyway. There was another mod adding counts to my window and the font was too big but I disabled that. Inventory Insight and other mods have options to disable the tooltips. I have disabled them so can everyone else. You just need to look for the option, disable it and then check by opening your inventory.

Last edited by Sharlikran : 07/15/20 at 07:28 AM.
07/15/20, 01:55 AM   #3
Sharlikran

Just tried the PVP issue where using a siege weapons opens the Inventory Insight windows, doesn't happen for me.
07/15/20, 02:16 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Hey Gandamir, yes the devs are still around, maybe not playing ESO that often anymore.
We can still expect fixes and needed updates, but as Sharlikran has correctly written: Most issues are because the users use too many addons the same time, but it depends on the used addons AND IIfA settings as well.

I personally do not get the tooltip or IIfA frame popups at all and I'm using >200 addons&libs at the same time (not always but some days), without any problems.
So it's up to the users to test which addons cause these problems, not up to the addon devs of 1 addon which seems to work pretty nice if you use it standalone.

Or are you guys able to rebuild the same problems with ONLY IIfA + needed libs enabled? If this is the case, please provide the steps how to rebuild the errors/problems with only IIfA enabled in the IIfA addon comments. The authors, and us others, can have a look at it then. Many thanks
07/15/20, 05:36 AM   #5
Gandamir
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Hey Gandamir, yes the devs are still around, maybe not playing ESO that often anymore.
We can still expect fixes and needed updates, but as Sharlikran has correctly written: Most issues are because the users use too many addons the same time, but it depends on the used addons AND IIfA settings as well.

I personally do not get the tooltip or IIfA frame popups at all and I'm using >200 addons&libs at the same time (not always but some days), without any problems.
So it's up to the users to test which addons cause these problems, not up to the addon devs of 1 addon which seems to work pretty nice if you use it standalone.

Or are you guys able to rebuild the same problems with ONLY IIfA + needed libs enabled? If this is the case, please provide the steps how to rebuild the errors/problems with only IIfA enabled in the IIfA addon comments. The authors, and us others, can have a look at it then. Many thanks
I just tried with just IIfa and did not get the residual window. I will try some trouble shooting to see if I can figure out what might be causing it on my end with my 200+ addons and libraries.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Inventory Insight