04/09/15, 08:12 PM   #1
marcmy
Which addon is not letting me pick locks?

One (or more) of my addons is preventing me from picking locks. When I start picking the lock, I'm unable to push down the tumbler, the pick just doesn't move. This started to bug the hell out of me, and I can't figure out which addon it is because it doesn't always happen. Reloading UI fixes it, so I can't really diagnose which addon it is. Here's the list of addons I currently have, and thanks in advance.

MultiCraft 1
HarvensChatCompletion 1
SkyShards 1
LoreBooks 1
ItemSaver 1
wykkydsQuestTracker 1
KillCounter 1
tim 1
Binder 1
SocialIndicators_ggFrames_Adapte 1
ShowWeaponsWhileMounted 1
wykkydsMailBox 1
Calc 1
MasterMerchant 1
CraftCompare 1
AIResearchGrid 1
CritPercent 1
CraftingMaterialLevelDisplay 1
InventoryGridView 1
PriceTracker 1
HarvensTraitAndStyle 1
HarvestMap 1
pChat 1
jovAST 1
CraftingSwit 1
Dustman 1
CyrHUD 1
Chat2Clipboard 1
MiniMap 1
Zolan_ChatNotifications 1
BorrowerAndLender 1
MapCoordinates 1
ShowMotifs 1
SitOnBench 1
ddShopkeeper 1
HarvensHouseHunter 1
GreymindQuickSlotBar 1
PL_CombatIndicator 1
LootDrop 1
wykkyd_core_libraries 1
AwesomeGuildStore 1
FCOItemSaver 1
HarvensSubtitleAddon 1
Srendarr 1
KhrillMerlinTheEnchanter 1
MailR 1
SoftcapInfo 1
Destinations 1
FoundryTacticalCombat 1
wykkydsDialogTweaks 1
Clock 1
CombatCloud 1
Azurah 1
PublicDungeonChampions 1
HarvensImprovedSkillsWindow 1
AdvancedFilters 1
Librarian 1
SorcererHelper 1
PotionMaker 1
CraftingStations 1
PersonalAssistant 1
ResearchAssistant 1
wykkydsOutfitter 1
NoThankYou 1
InventoryItemBorders 1
DerpURL 1
SousChef 1
SpentSkillPoints 1
Durability 1
Teleporter 1
ThurisazGuildInfo 1

Last edited by marcmy : 04/09/15 at 09:40 PM. Reason: removed disabled addons
04/09/15, 08:27 PM   #2
marcmy
Originally Posted by Tierney11290 View Post
Sadly, the best way to do this is to deactivate all of your mods and then activate them all one by one to see which one is the culprit. Unless there is an already known bug in an addon or someone has had a similar issue and figured it out.
That's what I was hoping for. :P Because it would be pretty hard to do this considering reloading fixes the issue.
04/09/15, 10:53 PM   #3
Fyrakin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm afraid its not related to add-ons, I have this happen occasionally myself, even without any add-ons.
04/10/15, 03:11 AM   #4
marcmy
Originally Posted by Fyrakin View Post
I'm afraid its not related to add-ons, I have this happen occasionally myself, even without any add-ons.
hmm, that's strange, no one else in my guild seems to be having the issue. I wonder what is causing it then.
04/10/15, 10:37 AM   #5
SnowmanDK

Originally Posted by marcmy View Post
hmm, that's strange, no one else in my guild seems to be having the issue. I wonder what is causing it then.
I did see strange issues at some point too. An officer in my guild could not invite new members and research new traits.
As a last resort she deleted her entire client INCLUDING all settings data, and installed a fresh client.
All her problems got solved by doing that.
I guess what I am saying is, it IS possible you have a bugged client installation.
04/10/15, 11:13 AM   #6
marcmy
yeah, that's possible. Might try it though it'll be a pain. I have constant crashes too, but I didn't suspect that was related to addons.
04/10/15, 01:08 PM   #7
Adalan
Because of a user who wrote, that its not an addon-issue (coz of none used), i guess its just a lag-effect which sometimes happen (especially on daily-times).

Its not a solution, but at least an idea of what could be the reason.
I am sure Zenimax is working on coming patches and hot fixes here an there.

Greets,
Adalan
04/10/15, 05:35 PM   #8
eventHandler
This isn't an addon, there is an issue in the game that has existed all year where sometimes you will need to reloadui to be able to pick locks. I think it occurs more frequently when the player population in the area is higher, because I wasn't experiencing it until TU. You can search the eso official forums to find people with the issue for a long time.
04/11/15, 10:22 AM   #9
SnowmanDK

Originally Posted by eventHandler View Post
This isn't an addon, there is an issue in the game that has existed all year where sometimes you will need to reloadui to be able to pick locks. I think it occurs more frequently when the player population in the area is higher, because I wasn't experiencing it until TU. You can search the eso official forums to find people with the issue for a long time.
I have never experienced this issue and I have played since beta.
As I wrote earlier, then I suspect a bugged client. I know it's a pain but I think a full uninstall/reinstall is the way to go.
04/11/15, 11:16 AM   #10
Garkin

I got this error today and I don't think it was an addon. For some reason all mouse clicks were handled by the chat window, so I had to close lockpicking, minimize chat and then pick a lock again.
04/12/15, 06:20 AM   #11
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Maybe one could do a workaround, like minimizign the chat window if you start a lockpick and bring it back to the "before state" as lockpicking ends?
Or was you chat already minimized Garkin and the mouse clicks were handled in there somehow?
04/12/15, 05:34 PM   #12
Garkin

Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Maybe one could do a workaround, like minimizign the chat window if you start a lockpick and bring it back to the "before state" as lockpicking ends?
Or was you chat already minimized Garkin and the mouse clicks were handled in there somehow?
It was maximized, with minimized chat lockpicking is working for me.

Simple way how to minimize chat on Lockpick scene:
Lua Code:
  1. LOCK_PICK_SCENE:AddFragment(MINIMIZE_CHAT_FRAGMENT)

Last edited by Garkin : 04/12/15 at 05:36 PM.
04/13/15, 05:06 AM   #13
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
I'll add this to "FCO Lockpicker" version 0.0.5 addon: http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info9...ockpicker.html

Thanks Garkin.

Last edited by Baertram : 04/13/15 at 06:17 AM.
04/13/15, 07:56 AM   #14
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
The next time someone runs into this if they can grab the name of the mouse over control when they're moused over the tumbler ("/script d(WINDOW_MANAGER:GetMouseOverControl():GetName())") and post it here that would be really helpful in chasing this down.
04/14/15, 08:07 AM   #15
marcmy
Just want to add, I did a clean install of my client (and addons) and the issue is still there. Just saw the post about minimizing chat, haven't had the chance to test it yet. Thanks for your replies everyone.

Edit: Tried minimizing chat, still couldn't pick a lock. Reloadui seems to be the only fix.

Last edited by marcmy : 04/14/15 at 09:03 AM.
04/14/15, 09:29 AM   #16
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Did you try my addon FCOLockpicker, which will minimize the chat automatically as you start to lockpick?
It will do it directly as the lockpicking starts, by an event.
So it might be quicker and BEFORE the real bug with the chat system (if it is this bug) will start to gain control of the chat.
As you did it manually the controls were shown and the code to get the mouse activated there might have taken place already.

Other feature is just to colorize the lockpicks left at the lockpicking scene, so you see, by help of colors, if you run out of lockpicks.
04/14/15, 09:52 AM   #17
marcmy
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Did you try my addon FCOLockpicker, which will minimize the chat automatically as you start to lockpick?
It will do it directly as the lockpicking starts, by an event.
So it might be quicker and BEFORE the real bug with the chat system (if it is this bug) will start to gain control of the chat.
As you did it manually the controls were shown and the code to get the mouse activated there might have taken place already.

Other feature is just to colorize the lockpicks left at the lockpicking scene, so you see, by help of colors, if you run out of lockpicks.
Ok, I will give this a try. Thank you
04/14/15, 10:42 AM   #18
marcmy
Ok, just installed it, and first lock I came across I couldn't pick. :/
04/14/15, 11:08 AM   #19
votan

Originally Posted by marcmy View Post
Ok, just installed it, and first lock I came across I couldn't pick. :/
Did you read, what ZOS_ChipHilseberg wrote?
04/14/15, 11:08 AM   #20
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
OK, too bad. Thought it would help :-(

But if you get this bug with the lockpicks very often, as it seems:
Did you try the command that ZOS_ChipHilseberg told us to do?

The next time someone runs into this if they can grab the name of the mouse over control when they're moused over the tumbler ("/script d(WINDOW_MANAGER:GetMouseOverControl():GetName())") and post it here that would be really helpful in chasing this down.
As alternative you can install the addon "ZGOO" and just write "/zgoo mouse" into the chat window, where the mouse cursor is above the tumbler at the chet's lock.
The name presented in the ZGOO window at the "GetName()" function is the name that ZOS_ChipHilseberg meant. you can copy it by pressing the "COPY" button at the top left of the ZGOO window and then just mark the text by mouse and press CTRL+C, and you got the text in the clipboard, ready to paste it here by pressing CTRL+P.

This might help the game developers to fix the issue, so give it a try please!

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Which addon is not letting me pick locks?