02/19/19, 10:34 AM   #1
mercury_1967
Thumbs down How to remove unwanted/needed quest icons

I believe it is Destinations that is doing this, although I have several other addons that affect quests on the map as well, such as MiniMap and QuestMap.

Anyway, I'm getting a LOT of quest pins on my mini map and main map that I'm not sure why they're there. For instance, I'm in Riften currently and there is a black pin in front of The Fighter's Guild and when I mouse over it the tooltip says "[42] To the King ( )" - twice actually - the same thing on two lines in the tooltip. Another example, just outside the gate immediately to the East of the Fighter's Guild is a black pin with the tooltip "[38] Scion of the Bood Matron ( )" - that only shows once in the tooltip. Neither of those pins shows in my compass.

I have Quest Givers turned on and set to be colored green in the Destinations settings. I have not started either of those quests and they are not colored green, so they are not Quest Giver locations.

Can someone help me figure out how to get rid of those erroneous map pins? They're cluttering up my map quite a bit.
02/19/19, 02:32 PM   #2
Drakanwulf

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
From my experience, I run either QuestMap and MapPins or I run Destinations but never both of them at the same time because the former two do the same thing as the latter one. I prefer to use QuestMap and MapPins because these two seem to use fewer CPU cycles than does Destinations.

Two exceptions to the "I don't duplicate add-on functions" rule are SkyShards and LoreBooks; I run these two and turn the MapPins shard and book pins off in the World Map filter (click the funnel icon) settings.

I prefer to use Votan's MiniMap because it uses the World Map pins to display its pins so whatever you see on the world map is what you will see in the minimap; it appears to use fewer CPU cycles; and it lets me turn the !@#$!# Compass Bar off. That, in turn lets me turn all the in-game Compass Bar pin settings off thus saving me even more CPU cycles.
02/20/19, 08:55 AM   #3
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
If you use Destinations then check the settings. Each POI got settings to activate/deactivet them.
Some even more options.
If you use two or more quest addons you need to set them up so they work together. Just disable a whole addon and check what the tooltips look like, to see which does what.
02/20/19, 11:32 AM   #4
CaptainBlagbird

Originally Posted by mercury_1967 View Post
For instance, I'm in Riften currently and there is a black pin in front of The Fighter's Guild and when I mouse over it the tooltip says "[42] To the King ( )" - twice actually - the same thing on two lines in the tooltip.
That's a problem in my add-on QuestMap, there are some places that have multiple pins for the same quest due to how the data was collected by different players. It's on my todo-list to clean up all the quest locations. I'm afraid you can't do anything about it yourself. (Except if you want to write a Python script or something that can clean up the data in my add-on ). It's only cosmetically though, if you complete the quest, it will be marked as completed for both icons, and you won't have to do the quest twice or something.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » How to remove unwanted/needed quest icons