07/30/14, 02:53 PM   #1
nine9six
Can't Log Into Minion

Can't log into Minion, but I can log into the Website. I've logged out of and back into the Website (read that in another thread) but it didn't help.

I've tried to use my Username in Minion with no success. I've tried to use my Email Address in Minion with no success.

My friend is having the same issue and has tried the same Troubleshooting steps.

I don't know what to try next. Suggestions?
07/30/14, 04:46 PM   #2
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
I see your account is linked to your ZAM account as well. Do you use a different password for ZAM? If so try the other password with your email address.

Last edited by Dolby : 07/30/14 at 04:48 PM.
08/01/14, 09:03 PM   #3
Bullwraith
I am having the OP's issue as well. I started using Minion awhile back (April or May) and had successfully logged in with my ESOUI/WoWInterface credentials, and I stayed logged in with no issues until about 3-4 weeks ago when there was an update. After the updated Minion launched and it asked me to log in. No biggie, I used the same creds as before and the login failed. I tried an old pw as well and it failed.

I uninstalled Minion, but it seems that there are some files in a hidden directory (C:\Users\Username\.minion\) that do not get deleted when you uninstall the program, and I'm not savy enough on a Windows PC to be able to get at them and nuke them. I mention that because I downloaded a fresh installer. It installed the program which then updated to the latest version. And again the login attempts failed. The hidden files may have nothing at all to do with the log in problem but I thought it worth mentioning.

I do have a ZAM account so after reading your suggestion I tried that info and it did not work either.
08/01/14, 09:30 PM   #4
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Would you be willing to private message me any special characters or symbols that may be in your password? Don't share your password with me though. Just any special characters and symbols (anything non alpha numeric). I wonder if its tripping up on something like that?

We haven't changed anything on the Minion end login wise so its possible ZAM has changed something in the login API we are using. However we are getting many successful logins when I check our logs.
08/02/14, 07:06 PM   #5
Bullwraith
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
Would you be willing to private message me any special characters or symbols that may be in your password? Don't share your password with me though. Just any special characters and symbols (anything non alpha numeric). I wonder if its tripping up on something like that?

We haven't changed anything on the Minion end login wise so its possible ZAM has changed something in the login API we are using. However we are getting many successful logins when I check our logs.
My passwords for these sites use only numbers & letters. No special characters. I think I'll try resetting my pw and see how that works. I'll let you know the result.
08/02/14, 08:23 PM   #6
Bullwraith
Originally Posted by Bullwraith View Post
My passwords for these sites use only numbers & letters. No special characters. I think I'll try resetting my pw and see how that works. I'll let you know the result.
Success!

Allrighty. I ended up uninstalling Minion. I had run it earlier today and subsequently it would not launch. So I ran the uninstaller and got the message that some elements could not be removed. So I went digging around and figured out how to get to the hidden directory (C:\Users\Username\.minion\) but could not delete it because it was "in use". Same thing with the .junique folder which seems to be associated with the program.

Restarted and was now able to delete those folders. Downloaded fresh installer from the Minion site and it told me that C:\Users\Bullwraith\AppData\Local\Minion already existed. So I went and looked there and the old Minion, uninstaller and a few misc files were there. I deleted the whole \Minion directory and then the installer was happy. Minion installed and launched, and I was able to log in!

So at least in my case, using the Programs and Feature control panel to uninstall Minion leaves some stuff behind that may or may not be the culprit. I hope that this helps with the troubleshooting.

Last edited by Bullwraith : 08/02/14 at 08:25 PM. Reason: grammar corrections
08/07/14, 05:06 PM   #7
nine9six
Sorry for the late reply.

I was able to finally sign-in. I didn't do anything different, so I can't claim to have found a fix. Either way, thank you for taking the time to reply and assist.

I have to ask...is there any point of signing into Minion? I thought it'd auto-download my Addons when I logged into Minion on a new machine, but that wasn't the case. Or perhaps it does do that, but when the Matrix glitched (point in case, this thread) it didn't work as intended?

Either way, thank you for Minion. I can't imagine manually checking for updates to my Addons, downloading them, and then extracting / installing them. Minion is VERY appreciated. Keep it up!
08/07/14, 10:38 PM   #8
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
There aren't currently any features in the client for logged in users, but there will be in the future.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Can't Log Into Minion