06/26/22, 01:04 AM   #1
xen32
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
hs10, hs20... what addon does this?

Every now and then I see in /s chat from some random person "hs10", "hs20", "hs0" and it is definitely automated response to something... but to what? And what does it mean? I've asked what is this at least last 20 times I've seen this, no one ever responded.

It is definitely not related to heavy sacks, I've seen this everywhere: in Vivec crafting hub, Cyrodiil Keep, Trial boss, in random towns and such.

Anyone knows?
06/26/22, 06:12 AM   #2
NeuroticPixels
Addon Addict

Premium Member
I’ve noticed that in their pop-up chat in-game, it’ll say those things.
But in the chat window, it’ll say things like “yes”.
It actually happened to me once. I think I used an emote.
As far as I know, addons can’t send messages for you. They can type the message for you, but it cannot send anything that others could see without your input.
So that makes me think it’s the game itself doing it.

Try out some emotes. Especially response-like emotes and see if it happens to you. (I’m not at my computer at the moment.)
06/26/22, 06:23 AM   #3
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
HS<number> is a mal formated quick chat message. The game writes them to chat using the |s prefix followed by the number of the quick chat. But as the pipe char is used for itemLinks (which start with h0 or h1, that's why you might see the h at hs) and other chat formatting like |c for color too, some addons need to add support for the pipe s now as the quick chats were added by ZOs with High Isle.

I only wonder why you see that like this, normally the ones sending it cause it to show inproperly at their side. So you might be using any chat addon which causes the parse of incoming chat messages and which causes this formatting issue for you then.
I noticed this at pChat for example and fixed it (I hope I found all occurrences).

Disable your chat related addons 1 after another and check which one causes this. You should be able to test yourself by assigning a quick chat at the help window and use it from the quickslots then (while having the addons enabled).

Last edited by Baertram : 06/26/22 at 06:28 AM.
06/26/22, 07:23 AM   #4
xen32
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
HS<number> is a mal formated quick chat message. The game writes them to chat using the |s prefix followed by the number of the quick chat. But as the pipe char is used for itemLinks (which start with h0 or h1, that's why you might see the h at hs) and other chat formatting like |c for color too, some addons need to add support for the pipe s now as the quick chats were added by ZOs with High Isle.

I only wonder why you see that like this, normally the ones sending it cause it to show inproperly at their side. So you might be using any chat addon which causes the parse of incoming chat messages and which causes this formatting issue for you then.
I noticed this at pChat for example and fixed it (I hope I found all occurrences).

Disable your chat related addons 1 after another and check which one causes this. You should be able to test yourself by assigning a quick chat at the help window and use it from the quickslots then (while having the addons enabled).
Oh yes, this is it, quick chat! And addon is indeed on my side, rChat.

Thanks Baertram, you are amazing
06/26/22, 09:24 AM   #5
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
You can tell Shadowfen for his rChat addon to spy pChat's file MessageFormatter.lua, function "detectQuickChat".
There is more code to change than that simple detection function but he should see it there, as an example, and should be able toa dopt it for rChat.
06/26/22, 10:15 AM   #6
xen32
Done, thanks!

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » hs10, hs20... what addon does this?