11/15/14, 05:20 AM   #1
Arcaius
Angry Esohead addon data upload completely broken

I have been trying again, again, and again to get my data uploaded to no avail. It doesn't seem to matter what the file size is, I keep getting that bs 503 error.

"Error 503 Service Unavailable

Service Unavailable

Guru Meditation:

XID: 2051494534

Varnish cache server"

Last edited by Arcaius : 11/15/14 at 05:23 AM.

11/15/14, 05:33 AM   #2
Ayantir

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hi, I'm not an ESOheadom admin , but working on something else which will do same things.

Addon, Website API and zip files for making website and complete Database available for everyone.
+ some scripts which will make some addons better.

11/17/14, 12:15 PM   #3
Calthine
Esohead Staff

Premium Member
Heyas, I'm Calthine and I'm now the ZAM Admin for Esohead.

This 503 error happens on a couple other sites. As far as I can tell pictures/logs/uploadables are getting to the site just fine, but returning an error to the use. For example, upload a screenshot and you'll get a 503, but I'll see it in the queue for approval.

I've a ticket in on it, but it's being evasive.

I would advise you to keep uploading and disregard the error.

11/19/14, 12:21 PM   #4
KriHavok
Originally Posted by Calthine View Post
Heyas, I'm Calthine and I'm now the ZAM Admin for Esohead.

This 503 error happens on a couple other sites. As far as I can tell pictures/logs/uploadables are getting to the site just fine, but returning an error to the use. For example, upload a screenshot and you'll get a 503, but I'll see it in the queue for approval.

I've a ticket in on it, but it's being evasive.

I would advise you to keep uploading and disregard the error.
Hey Calthine, would this also be a fix for the data upload issue? As when I go to "http://www.esohead.com/user/upload" and use the add-on file "Esohead.lua" (via Libraries>Documents>My Documents>Elder Scrolls Online>liveeu>SavedVariables) I encounter the same aforementioned error.

If this can be fixed that'll be great so people can continue contributing to the site!

11/20/14, 11:05 AM   #5
Calthine
Esohead Staff

Premium Member
Yep, same thing. As far as I can tell we're getting the data. The 503 error is annoying, but on the other ZAM sites I work with we're still getting everything.

Let's test it. Someone please upload some pictures and post here that you did so. You should get a 503 error but I should still see them in the queue in the morning.

11/20/14, 02:32 PM   #6
KriHavok
Ok, I selected a random screenshot for upload. Got the same error, now lets see if it appears for you.

11/20/14, 11:13 PM   #7
Calthine
Esohead Staff

Premium Member
*sigh* I was patrolling on auto-pilot and forgot to check here first. I cover several sites and can't remember where I approved what. Sorry, my only excuse is I had a long evening teaching a Boy Scout merit badge class and I'm tired. Can you please do another one?

11/21/14, 10:03 AM   #8
KriHavok
Ok, I did it again (got same error). The screenshot is called "Screenshot_20141109_184851.png" if that helps at all. It is also the same image I tried to upload previously.

11/21/14, 11:36 AM   #9
Calthine
Esohead Staff

Premium Member
Originally Posted by KriHavok View Post
Ok, I did it again (got same error). The screenshot is called "Screenshot_20141109_184851.png" if that helps at all. It is also the same image I tried to upload previously.
Oh-ho! I have nothing in my queue. I'll get a ticket in (but with a weekend coming up, don't expect fast action). Thanks so much for your help!

11/21/14, 12:58 PM   #10
KriHavok
No problem! I'm glad to see that work is going in to revive esohead. It used to be the leading ESO databases, but since these issues started appearing and the evident inactivity of the news page, it started to go into decline. Once people see work is being done to bring it back, there is no doubt that they will return. Especially if this database gets updated to the recent Patch.

01/08/15, 11:05 AM   #11
Calthine
Esohead Staff

Premium Member
Hey all;

Several people managed to upload screenshots. And someone investigated this on one of our other sites, seems the 504 errors is happening AFTER things get to the server. So... I'm back to the premise that uploads are working and the error is a lie.

02/09/15, 10:50 AM   #12
Calthine
Esohead Staff

Premium Member
Someone uploaded some pictures this weekend. There may have been an infrastructure tweak that I'm unaware of (not unusual), anyone want to try a test upload for me?

02/26/15, 12:32 PM   #13
Calthine
Esohead Staff

Premium Member
New infrastructure, anyone want to test addon and image uploads for me?

02/26/15, 02:56 PM   #14
votan

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
^^ Ah, ok. I was already wondering, what it has to do with that

I removed an existing image and uploaded a new image for an existing addon. Worked without any problem.

Last edited by votan : 02/26/15 at 11:53 PM.

02/26/15, 11:34 PM   #15
Calthine
Esohead Staff

Premium Member
Originally Posted by votan View Post
I removed an existing image and uploaded a new image for an existing addon. Worked without any problem.
I'm sorry, I was unclear I need stuff uploaded to Esohead!

05/27/15, 06:38 PM   #16
Thallassa
Unhappy

Trying to upload esohead.lua data as of today (I tried 6-8 times, so sorry if it's actually going through!) and getting the nasty 503 error still.

Service Unavailable
Guru Meditation:

XID: 434355995

I'd really like ESOhead to actually be useful, but between ESO marking the addon out of date and the uploader not working, it's more surprising anyone uses it... yet this *should* be the best tool to track and get the info I want.

05/28/15, 07:58 PM   #17
Calthine
Esohead Staff

Premium Member
Folks, I got laid off and can't monitor this any more. I'm sure someone is, but I didn't want you to think I just flaked on you.

05/30/15, 12:06 PM   #18
Thallassa
Unhappy

Awww. Good luck with real life stuff!

05/31/15, 09:57 PM   #19
Calthine
Esohead Staff

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Thallassa View Post
Awww. Good luck with real life stuff!
Thanks Anyone need a Community person? LOL

ESOUI » Site Forums » ESOHead help, bugs, suggestions/questions » Esohead addon data upload completely broken