08/02/14, 01:31 AM   #1
Teppotastic
Unhappy [BUG] Problems since 31/07 patch

Since the latest patch, I can't seem to get Minion to fully load. It keeps getting stuck on "Fetching Global Configuration". I have tried removing the .xml and even uninstalling and reinstalling but to no avail. When I reinstalled, if I decided to Update Later, I instead got stuck on "Initializing Window controls". Exiting out and then updating gets me back to the original error.

Attached are the xml, log and a screenshot of the problem.

Please help!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	minion_problem.JPG
Views:	442
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	375  
Attached Files
File Type: xml minion.xml (595 Bytes, 502 views)
File Type: log minion0.log (6.5 KB, 460 views)
08/02/14, 09:57 AM   #2
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Does it work for you now? Wondering if there was a network error where it couldn't fully read from our API around 2:30 - 3am last night?

Specially when you rolled back to the previous version and it still errored out it makes me think there was some network trouble maybe on our end or peering issues at that time?

Please try now. Also remember when you delete your minion.xml Minion has to re-scan all your hard drives to find the games again. So that takes a little longer, but once it finds the games the next load times will be normal. If you delete your minion.xml and after 10min Minion still doesn't want to load please upload your new minion0.log before you do anything else. Thanks.

I'm not seeing any errors in your logs but every time you exit minion and start over it re-writes the error log file. I do see in the log that Minion is closed before game detection is started.

Last edited by Dolby : 08/02/14 at 10:04 AM.
08/02/14, 10:11 AM   #3
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Looking closer at the logs it took over a minute for Minion to ping our API to see if it could access it. This should only a second or two. So this makes me think there was some network trouble last night where maybe international traffic to our API was effected by very slow connections? So I'm hoping things work for you now.
08/02/14, 10:41 AM   #4
Teppotastic
Thanks for getting back to me, I killed the .xml again and I'm letting it take it's time Loading. Still on "Fetching Global Configuration" - is this when it's searching for games? If so, it does have a couple of TB to get through. I'll leave it for 30mins and post back here.

While that's going on, you mentioned some possible network issues - If you've got an endpoint I can ping and run tracert, hopefully I can rule that out?
08/02/14, 10:54 AM   #5
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Sent you a PM with the endpoint. Minion is multi-threaded so it could be stuck on something not even shown yet on the loading status. If it was an error it should be logged in the minion0.log but if its a slow network connection Minion may just sit there until it can load what it wants from the api never logging an error and blocking everything else from loading.

Minion only searches at a max of 4 folders deep. ESO should be quicker because it searches for a folder pattern, wow takes a little longer because it searches for wow.exe.

When you delete your minion.xml and restart Minion are you getting the prompt asking if you would like Minion to search for World of Warcraft and Elder Scrolls Online? If not then something is holding up game detection for sure.

Last edited by Dolby : 08/02/14 at 10:59 AM.
08/02/14, 10:58 AM   #6
Teppotastic
Actually...No, not at all. I get the EULA-thingy, the login prompt and then it gets stuck on Loading.

I left it on "Fetching" for 30mins but to no avail. What's next? :/

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » [BUG] Problems since 31/07 patch