08/27/23, 08:27 PM   #1
Xariama
Not working. At all.

Okay. I've tried to get Minion to work for the last three hours now. It does not direct to any folder that I set for it. It refuses to acknowledge the folder. I've uninstalled OneDrive completely. I've whitelisted Minion on my Windows Defender and Kaspersky. Why will it not work?

...what the heck am I doing wrong?

Last edited by Xariama : 08/27/23 at 08:45 PM.
08/28/23, 02:24 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Not reading. At all.

08/28/23, 10:01 AM   #3
Xariama
I went through all of that. Did what was instructed. I still can't get it to work.

(I'm sorry, that has to be your favorite response, and I initiated another one...)

I just don't know what I'm doing wrong...
08/28/23, 12:52 PM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Yeah and you proofed that ppl do not read

Even if you went through all of this you do not follow them, even if one points to the relevant thread with big rectangles around them.
There are 2 rectangles:
Maybe look at the screenshot again, "read" and do like asked for (it's even in the thread "name"!).

Also: As you said you tried a lot allready, please uninstall Minion, delete ALL xml and log files and let it install fresh 32bit version, new, to non default install directory (e.g. choose c:\minion instead or something similar), enable whitelist at your antivirus and firewall and AFTER that start it, let it update and let's see what the log and xml files say then afterwards.

And after that post like asked for in the lower rectangle thread please, including log and xml files!
Tell us what error messages came up, what it reacted then, what it did and what it didn't do
(examples: only blank Minion? Minion not showing any UI? Minion starting but addon install does not work? ...)

If the folder is not accepted either some other software blocks access to that (normally this is anti malware or antivirus). Or you got OneDrive running. Or any other blocking stuff enabled.
But we are blind and cannot do or see anything if you do not revert all, install fresh, and provide the log an xml files of that new install try, where the folder is not accepted.

Last edited by Baertram : 08/28/23 at 01:00 PM.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Not working. At all.