08/13/14, 06:05 AM   #1
Micallef
Exclamation Stuck at loading ESO

Win7 64-bit here, logging on with an account, not with Guest.

I've had the stuck at Loading ESO problem, did some trouble shooting.

After very first initial installation, with no error, it worked and I was able to register and update ESO add-ons.

After that, the program never completely started up again.
Several re-installs were unsuccessful. Removed and re-installed (via Minion) MS Visual C++ 2010, also downloaded and installed the 32-bit version. This one generated an alert in AVG anti-virus, but because it was just an identity protection warning, I allowed an exception. Also got stuck loading ESO Add-Ons after that.

The last thing I tried was a clean install with a totally empty add-on folder for ESO.
I notice that it still loads WOW game data and add-ons, even though that game is unchecked.
Also, my Documents folder is on a different drive, I've configured minion to point to that directory, and that's when it gets stuck, in other words, the default location on C:\ works, custom location doesn't.

Right now I've overcome the loading problem, but it means my add-ons are in the default location on C and every time there is an update, I need to manually copy to the working location.

Hope this helps pinning the problem down.

Michael
09/18/14, 10:38 AM   #2
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
When you experience the problem again I'll need to see your minion0.log and minion.xml. The minion0.log is overwritten every time you re-start Minion so that it doesn't take up a lot of space. So I'll need a copy of the log from when you experienced the problem

http://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236

Thanks.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Stuck at loading ESO