02/28/19, 04:31 PM   #1
Selentiur
Question [Request] Addon for Symbols (For use in Guildtabs for example)

Hi everyone,

to be honest my english is not quiet good so I try to make things short:
I wonder if there is a chance, someone is maybe motivated to create an Addon where you are able to get the Chatcodes for symbols?

I really dont know how much work that will be but it would be a nice addition for Guilds to create more variety in the Guildtab. But Im afraid that Im the only one who loves such details :/ What do you guys think about that ?

Edit: To be more specific, I mean codes like this one:

|t200:200:esoui\art\lfg\lfg_bonus_letter.dds|t
02/28/19, 05:25 PM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
And what should the addon do in detail?
I mean you are able to build the links to the textures on your own already as you have shown with the example. A list of textures can be previewed ingame via addon TextureIt.
A list of the textures without preview can be seen here: https://wiki.esoui.com/Texture_List

So the only thing you need to do is copy & paste the link of the image from TextureIt to the |t.... tag.

As you'd need to create a list of all textures ingame, update them for each patch (like TextureIt works and is missing a lot of newer textures today) I doubt anyone wants to create such an addon. It would take a lot of time to maintain it.

Last edited by Baertram : 02/28/19 at 05:28 PM.
02/28/19, 05:57 PM   #3
Selentiur
Thanks for the answer!

I did not know that there already was a similar Addon.
Well If i just know how to do this I really would try it by my own. But I dont have any experience in creating addons

I thought of some sort of Library, where you can for example type in a word you searching an icon for and if there is one it then throws it out on the screen with code and maybe an appropiate picture. Or a "simple" Codelist divided in categories. I also thought about the possibility to just copy and paste the existing list you where mentioning, show the list in an ingame window name it "imagesource" and tell the people "type |tX:Y:imagesource|t but the previews of the icons is another question :/. To be honest: After looking up the internet for quiet a while I found the site you where mentioning and yes youre damn right, it looks like a hell of a work. And probably no one is interested in keeping this library up to date I totally can understand this.

I, for myself used the addon named "Notebook 2018" and tried to write down the ones I personally like the most (because the icons actually work with Notebook 2018) a page is limited to 1900 characters and... its just not enough xD and you always have to double check if the icon suits your needs. and furthermore you dont have an overview or image preview.

Well I guess I need to do it the old way... typing down the things I like the most ^^
But really, thank you for your answer and to all Authors: thank you for you great work. Eso wouldnt be Eso without your work!
03/02/19, 01:26 PM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You can use the Addon Texture It inGame and search for texture names. You can even post the link of a .Dds file to the search field of Texture It. It will show the file in the preview if it exists. So you can use any source for the texture name and preview it inGame via Texture It.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » [Request] Addon for Symbols (For use in Guildtabs for example)