12/29/20, 04:37 PM   #1
Phuein

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Post Nightblade Mark Target ability texture?

I'm looking for the specific texture used with this ability in the 3D world over the player, so I can replace it with something more visible. Unless someone already did this? Or do you know which texture is being used? I looked through with /textureit and failed to find it ><"

Pic of the ability texture: https://i.imgur.com/CUNWVyg_d.webp?m...fidelity=grand
12/29/20, 05:09 PM   #2
sirinsidiator

Skill effects and model textures cannot be modified by addons.
12/29/20, 08:31 PM   #3
Phuein

I thought RedirectTexture(*string* _originalTexture_, *string* _newTexture_) does that, after the texture is loaded. Redirect the file used, and BAM different texture used for the skill!
12/30/20, 08:55 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
RedirectTexture only applies to the UI textures afaik, no 3d world, effects etc.
A few textures like group pins can be changed though, not sure why, but guess the API just provides them somehow so they are detect- and changable.
Otherwise I'd have changed that damn shield block texture already long time before to something invisible...
12/30/20, 02:34 PM   #5
Phuein

Hrm I wonder if there's testable example of this limitation?

EDIT: Doing
Code:
/script RedirectTexture("/esoui/art/stealth/stealth_64.dds", "/esoui/art/icons/placeholder/icon_effect_stealth_01.dds")
Works fine and replaces the texture as expected, when crouching for stealth.

Last edited by Phuein : 12/30/20 at 02:43 PM.
12/31/20, 09:27 AM   #6
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Yes as the reticle is UI, and attached texts and textrues as well.

But the red glowing enemy surrounding border, effects like this NB red glow up to the sky, the DragonKnight's flame and poison spit effects etc. are not.
We do not even know the texture names, as they are not given within the textures lists and folders as it seems. You can use Black Book Browser and browse the source code + texture files. Maybe you'll find the effect or any oher you notice.
I haven't so far.
12/31/20, 01:39 PM   #7
Phuein

Tsk not very enticing going through all those textures. I went through quite a bunch in hopes of finding it, but did not. As you say, it's probably considered non-UI so it won't be there, sadly.

Btw, the border that surrounds stuff is often a shader effect rather than a texture, so I wouldn't expect to find a texture that directly affects it. But that Mark ability is clearly just a texture stuffed in 3D, like other UI elements.

Oh well. Maybe the devs read this and get encouraged to open up more assets for our modding.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Nightblade Mark Target ability texture?