04/10/16, 03:50 PM   #1
circonian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Quitting - Take Over an Addon

I've been writing addons for a couple of years, but I don't have the desire anymore. If anyone wants to take over any of my work SEND ME A PM and let me know. I'll check back next weekend and send a request to have it transferred over to you.

After they are transfered I will still check my PM's for a while. Typically in my code I've always tried to make comments to explain anything I did that I thought may have been out of the ordinary, but for some things my reasoning may not be apparent. If you have any questions about the code, what it does, or wtf I was thinking I'll check in at least once a week for a while to answer questions and make the transition easier.

While nothings perfect, I have no problem saying all of these addons/libraries are very stable. I very rarely have to make changes unless the game code changes so any of these should be easy for anyone to maintain.

BuffTracker & SetSwap - Both MUST go to the same developer. They share a common custom control panel for the users UI.
FilterIt & LibFilterIt - Should probably both go to the same developer. I don't know of anyone using LibFilterIt besides me, in FilterIt.

If it is in Red, its already taken.

Small Addons - If you want to take over something, but have less confidence/experience these are pretty small addons:
MyStatus - Displays a clickable icon of characters online status on the chat window allowing the user to see/change their status.
PvPRanks - Displays all PvP ranks & info on the pvp panel.
Keybind Search - Displays a search box on keybinds page to allow you to search for keybinds by text.
EmoteIt - Allows users to create 'keyword' text that will automatically play emotes when the user says the text in various chat types: say, emote, exc...
Addon Selector - Allows saving & reloading addon sets for quickly changing addons.
TweakIt - Random tweaks users have asked for. A little bit bigger than the rest, but its just a bunch of individual tweaks thrown together. Each feature contains very little code so following the code for any given feature should be pretty easy even for a beginner.

Larger Addons
WaypointIt - Automatically displays waypoints when user clicks an item from the custom map panel. Custom map panel displays all items (map pins) visible on the map. Also automatically displays waypoints for all quests. Can automatically display new waypoints for each step of any quest as you complete steps.
JunkIt - Set up junk/keep filters to automatically junk or keep items you pick up. Has filters for almost all item types including quality filters. Can also auto-loot based on the filters so you never pick up junk. This was the first addon I wrote. Its very very stable, been around for years...but the code, well it could have been done a lot better so it may be a little more difficult to follow.
SortIt - Allows users to create "Sort Packs" that determine what order items are sorted in the inventory.
BuffTracker - Displays character buffs/debuffs on screen. Also allows users to set up buff/debuff alerts to be warned when they receive/lose a buff or debuff.
SetSwap - Allows the creation of item, skill, & item/skill sets. Has a custom UI panel where users can save/load sets, also has keybinds.
LootIt - When looting items or getting skill gains (of any kind) displays scrolling animations of the items or skill gains on the screen. Since the game added a similar feature this is not really all that special anymore. Although this one does show skill gains and I like the animations of this addon rather than statically displaying the items.
FilterIt - Displays extra menu bars under the normal bar in windows for sorting items in your inventory/bank/guild bank. Also has some other special things like like clothier crafting station filters, exc...
ChatIt -- Random chat modifications: Darken background, adjust fade times, time stamps, & allows the use of multiple chat windows.

Utility Addons
TextureIt - Displays a preview of textures in game. Contains over 20,000 textures listed in a tree format with a search feature to look for textures.
Control Outlines - Displays outlines of controls to help with addon creation & control positioning.
Click4Info - Allows searching for game functions, constants, & values while in game. Also has a notebook feature for writing & running code in game. You can save scripts & even mark them as favorites.

Libraries
LibLoadedAddons - A library used to tell what other addons are loaded. You can also use it to identify when your addon is fully loaded and ready for any other addons (for sharing global code/functions).
LibNotifications - Used to display notifications in the notifications window. Compatible with gamepad mode.
LibScroll - A library used to simplify the process of creating scroll lists. Was mainly designed to make it easier for beginners to create scroll lists without needing to have as much knowledge about them.
LibNeed4Research - Tracks known traits & recipes for all characters. There are many addons that track this information. This library was created so that every addon does not need to run the same code. Instead using this library the code is only needed to run once and then addons can request the required information from the library.
LibMsgWin - Library for creating message windows (looks just like the chat window, without tabs). Can be used for anything, I typically use it as a debug window for debug messages.
LibFilterIt - Rather than using the older version of LibFilter, I wrote my own filtering library for FilterIt. I have no idea if anyone else even uses it since there are few addons that filter items (that I know of).
LibItemInfo - When I first started I wrote this to simplify some code used to gather information about items in JunkIt. Although Its probably not the best library. Using it doesn't save much code, but at the time I thought it might also be useful to beginners who didn't know how to gather certain information.

Other
NotePad++ Auto Complete - Adds auto-completion to notepad++ for all game functions (as of 8-10-2015, I never updated it).

Last edited by circonian : 04/17/16 at 11:21 AM.
04/10/16, 03:52 PM   #2
Ayantir

I wish you best, I'm starting to have the same feeling as you. Many thanks for the work done, always precious and useful.
04/10/16, 09:30 PM   #3
uladz
Indeed very sad to see you are leaving . Wish all the best, maybe (or hopefully) you'll come back to ESO at some point of time in future.
04/10/16, 09:33 PM   #4
QuadroTony
Banned
wow! its a pity, may be you just need to rest from teso for couple months
wish you best!
04/11/16, 02:33 AM   #5
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Again a brilliant addon dev is missing here, thanks for all your contribution and help!

I think I can take over an addon or two, will write you a pm about it.
Thanks and have fun, hope to see you around again

Last edited by Baertram : 04/12/16 at 01:49 AM.
04/11/16, 05:43 AM   #6
sirinsidiator

It's always sad when somebody decides to leave. I wish you all the best for your future endeavors.
04/11/16, 12:43 PM   #7
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
So sorry to see you leave the game circonian.

If there is anything I can do to help admin wise please let me know.
04/12/16, 02:10 PM   #8
Denidil
Noooo. bummer.

I sent you a PM to take over one of them. I'd take more but unfortunately my 99.999% of the time language is C++ and distributed systems, not UI.
04/28/16, 02:48 PM   #9
DohNotAgain
You will be missed

So sorry to see you go, but I totally understand.

I use many of your addons.
I wish I knew LUA coding.
If I did I'd be tempted to take over the addons I use most.

Sadly and intentionally I have not learned LUA.
I can be, let's say, a bit obsessive in trying to make things work as I want - "perfectly."
My wife is an AWESOME woman and I do not want her to become a "programmer's widow."
I know myself all too well and am afraid she would rarely see me if I started LUA coding.

Best wishes and enjoy whatever you chose to do next.
04/28/16, 07:24 PM   #10
Randactyl
wow, I missed this thread.

good luck with everything. Maybe quadrotony is right (can't believe I just said that)

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Quitting - Take Over an Addon