05/16/16, 04:02 AM   #1
Letho
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Buff-related question to game mechanics

Heyho,

does anybody know if there are auras (HoTs included) in the game that can be applied to a unit multiple times (ability rank doesnt matter)? I'm not talking about stacks.
For debuffs this is true, of course: two DKs doting you will apply one and the same debuff 2 times on you.

Last edited by Letho : 05/16/16 at 04:13 AM.
05/16/16, 04:13 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
I think there are some, like e.g.:
"Healing springs" (Heal stadd morph or 1st skill) should be a HOT that can be active multiple times if I remember my standard dungeon healer's word right

But I'm not sure if this counts to "stacks" as you call them?
05/16/16, 06:21 AM   #3
Letho
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
I think there are some, like e.g.:
"Healing springs" (Heal stadd morph or 1st skill) should be a HOT that can be active multiple times if I remember my standard dungeon healer's word right

But I'm not sure if this counts to "stacks" as you call them?
yap, I just tested it with a few guildies: Some hots, in our case: rapid regeneration can be active n times with n = amount of healers casting it on you. I think i will just fetch the aura with the highest duration for display instead of displaying the one with the shortest duration and resetting the aura to the 2nd highest duration after the 1st ran out. That should contain the most important info.

A stack is something similar, dunno if ESO has this mechanic implemented. A stack is specific buff that is added multiple times but with all stacks of this buff sharing the same duration. (mostly applying another stack of a buff should refresh the buff's duration). AFAIK the beserker rage stamina set has this mechanic, not sure though.
05/16/16, 08:30 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
How about this:
Show an icon for the active HOT and the seconds below. If multiple HOTs of the same type are active just show the number at the top right corner like a ² or ³or behind the seconds in (2)?
Or something similar so we know there are multiple HOTs - DOTs active.

Decrease the number then if the first fades out and show the seconds left of the 2nd / 3rd etc. and update the ³ number to ², or (3) to (2)
05/16/16, 10:18 AM   #5
Letho
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
How about this:
Show an icon for the active HOT and the seconds below. If multiple HOTs of the same type are active just show the number at the top right corner like a ² or ³or behind the seconds in (2)?
Or something similar so we know there are multiple HOTs - DOTs active.

Decrease the number then if the first fades out and show the seconds left of the 2nd / 3rd etc. and update the ³ number to ², or (3) to (2)
Dont u think that gets confused with stacks?^^

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Buff-related question to game mechanics