04/21/16, 12:26 PM   #1
prasoc

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Gamepad banking functions unavailable?

Hi all,

I am developing a replacement banking interface as part of my total interface improvement mod, and it is finished! But, I am having troubles with certain functions just *not* working.

The original interface uses functions "DepositMoneyIntoBank(amount)" and "WithdrawMoneyFromBank(amount)" to withdraw and deposit money into the bank. I've tried both the raw function, and wrapping them in a CallSecureProtected call but they just DON'T work!!

Can anyone give me any tips? Do we even have access to these functions?
04/21/16, 12:36 PM   #2
Ayantir

They should work, and you don't need to CallSecureProtected() those functions, even if I'm using for my usages :

DepositCurrencyIntoBank(currencyType, currencyToDeposit)
WithdrawCurrencyFromBank(currencyType, currencyToWithdraw)

They only work while interacting with NPC, but if you can withdraw/deposit items, they should work too.
04/21/16, 12:45 PM   #3
prasoc

Oh so there's a more generic function that works? I'm using WithdrawMoneyFromBank() for gold, and WithdrawTelVaFromBank() for telvar stones
I will try the Currency methods and report back. Thanks
04/24/16, 01:47 PM   #4
prasoc

I've tried to use WithdrawCurrencyFromBank(CURT_MONEY, amount) and the associated "deposit" version with no success. Wrapping it in a CSP() doesn't work either, and I'm at my wits end with this issue! Maybe they've disabled these functions if they aren't called from the native banking interface?
04/24/16, 02:52 PM   #5
sirinsidiator

when are you trying to use these functions?
you need to have the banker dialog open (even if hidden).
04/24/16, 03:02 PM   #6
prasoc

I'm replacing GAMEPAD_BANKING with my own class which performs the same tasks as the original GAMEPAD_BANKING class but with better functionality. I will do some more testing to see whether I can run the original banking interface (hidden) on top of my extended interface. Thanks for this idea, I'm sure I will be able to conquer this issue
04/25/16, 01:11 PM   #7
prasoc

Solved it. I can't just overwrite EVENT_OPEN_BANK to point to my own function, but I have to hide the original banking scene to call the functions.

Thanks for the help guys, the functions "WithdrawCurrencyFromBank" and "DepositCurrencyIntoBank" were the missing part of the problem

edit: Do you reckon the issue could be because I'm not emulating the interaction "INTERACTION_BANK"?

I haven't looked into "ZO_InteractScene", seems that I am unable to provide my own interaction for INTERACTION_BANK as it's already taken. Any idea how to unregister this?

EDIT2: I've got it! I replace SCENE_MANAGER.scenes['gamepad_banking'] with my own. Works flawlessly Seems that the game needs you to interface with the game via the interaction "INTERACTION_BANK" to enable these functions.

Last edited by prasoc : 04/25/16 at 01:32 PM.
04/26/16, 03:24 AM   #8
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Please don't forget to backup the original bank scene and put it back in if someone switches back to keyboard mode ;-)
04/29/16, 02:29 PM   #9
prasoc

I think they use a different scene - I'm overwriting "GAMEPAD_BANKING" fragments, I don't think it has any reference to the original KB banking scene, but I will do some testing on this

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Gamepad banking functions unavailable?