02/24/16, 02:39 PM   #1
mattymaats
Exclamation Master Merchant on load Lua error

Hi guys,

I have an issue with MM and I'm not sure where to post it, basically every time I load up the game this error displays on my screen.

user:/AddOns/MasterMerchant/MasterMerchant.lua:2757: table index is nil
stack traceback:
user:/AddOns/MasterMerchant/MasterMerchant.lua:2757: in function 'MasterMerchant:InitPurchaseHistory'
user:/AddOns/MasterMerchant/MasterMerchant.lua:2417: in function 'MasterMerchant:Initialize'
user:/AddOns/MasterMerchant/MasterMerchant.lua:3016: in function 'OnAddOnLoaded'

I have tried to uninstall the mod and do a fresh install and the same issue occurs! So I'm a bit lost at what the problem as I totally deleted my old MM files and reinstalled it manually and through minion. If anyone has any ideas of what the issue is or something else I can try that would be great as I'm actually really stuck without MM

Edit - Tried to install Shissu LUA memory addon as suggested by someone, didn't help.

Last edited by mattymaats : 02/24/16 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Added trail fix
02/24/16, 08:58 PM   #2
BJBSRR
Having the SAME exact problem as the OP - please help!!!!
02/25/16, 06:00 AM   #3
sirinsidiator

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Looks like your savedata got corrupted.
You can try to edit MasterMerchant.lua in the addon directory and modify InitPurchaseHistory (line 2749) to look like this:
Lua Code:
  1. local item = dataList['sales'][i]
  2. if(item.guild) then -- add this
  3.    self.guildPurchases[item.guild] = self.guildPurchases[item.guild] or MMGuild:new(item.guild)
  4.    local guild = self.guildPurchases[item.guild]
  5.    guild:addSaleByDate(item.buyer, item['timestamp'], item.price, item.quant, item.wasKiosk, false)
  6. end -- and this
or if it doesn't help delete all master merchant related save data (SavedVariables/MasterMerchant.lua and all MMxxData.lua).
Either way you will loose parts or all of your trade history and it will have to regenerate it.

Last edited by sirinsidiator : 02/25/16 at 06:02 AM.
02/25/16, 12:34 PM   #4
mattymaats
I thought it might be which is why I deleted everything and downloaded it again, I'm a bit confused how the new files could still have the same error unless it's stored somewhere else?

I've opened the file in notepad++ and that section looks like this

[i]function MasterMerchant:InitPurchaseHistory()
-- If no guild buyer history then load it up
if self.guildPurchases == nil then
self.guildPurchases = {}
for k, v in pairs(self.salesData) do
for j, dataList in pairs(v) do
for i = 1, #dataList['sales'], 1 do
local item = dataList['sales']
self.guildPurchases[item.guild] = self.guildPurchases[item.guild] or MMGuild:new(item.guild)
local guild = self.guildPurchases[item.guild]
guild:addSaleByDate(item.buyer, item['timestamp'], item.price, item.quant, item.wasKiosk, false)
end
end
end
end

for _, guild in pairs(self.guildPurchases) do
guild:sort()
end
end

Could you confirm exactly what I'm supposed to change it to as I'm not sure what needs to be added.
Thanks for your help with this.
02/25/16, 12:39 PM   #5
mattymaats
I just ended up deleting the files in the saved variables and now it works at least, I'm not too bothered about having to gather the data again as I can just get someone to send me their files worst case. Thanks for showing me where the data is saved as that's what I was missing.
02/25/16, 02:07 PM   #6
BJBSRR
Thank you!

After googling for a while last night I found this info:

Change:
if type(dataList['sales'][i]['timestamp']) ~= 'number' or dataList['sales'][i]['timestamp'] < epochBack then

to:
if type(dataList['sales'][i]['timestamp']) ~= 'number' or dataList['sales'][i]['timestamp'] < epochBack or dataList['sales'][i]['guild'] == nil then

in MasterMerchant.lua in the MasterMerchant:TruncateHistory() function.

I made the change last night and it seemed to make the error go away, however I've not actually gone to an auctioneer to test is out. I wish I could code I'll try the above as well!
02/28/16, 06:42 PM   #7
BJBSRR
How did you delete the items in the saved variables? What did you take out of the lua?
02/28/16, 11:13 PM   #8
QuadroTony
Banned
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
look at the variables and you will see

the section started with itemid
02/29/16, 03:51 PM   #9
BJBSRR
I get what you're saying, but I am so clueless when it comes to any code it hurts. Can you possibly show me? I'd MUCH appreciate it. There is a lot in itemid, and I dont really see anything that has a list of sorts.

Figured it out.. my apologies. Was actually looking in the lua's for savedvars

Last edited by BJBSRR : 03/01/16 at 04:53 PM.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Master Merchant on load Lua error