03/10/16, 12:55 PM   #1
polysemy
Vet Maw Color Swap Addon Help (Skinrai + Vashai)

Hey everyone.

A guildie and I are trying to develop an addon that will tell the player when he is being targeted by the color swap mechanic on the second boss in Vet Maw... specifically the Skinrai + Vashai encounter

What we are having trouble with is identify the event of color change...

Anyone have any ideas or know what we need to do?
03/10/16, 01:14 PM   #2
Randactyl
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by polysemy View Post
Hey everyone.

A guildie and I are trying to develop an addon that will tell the player when he is being targeted by the color swap mechanic on the second boss in Vet Maw... specifically the Skinrai + Vashai encounter

What we are having trouble with is identify the event of color change...

Anyone have any ideas or know what we need to do?
My guess would be that this is only possible through auras. Talk to the S'rendarr people for more details. (If it is an aura, it may already be tracked by S'rendarr)
03/11/16, 07:43 AM   #3
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
You could press "C" for the character screen and check if your character got any buff shown on him/her at the moment the color swaps.
Maybe you'll find something like "Under attack" :-)

If this appears to happen if you get attacked you can register a callback function for the event EVENT_EFFECT_CHANGED and check the effectName in the event if it is the same as the one shown in your buffs.
The affect name will change with the language of the client so you need to check it in different languages then.
Maybe the buffType, effectType and abilityType are some kind of a help here too.

Last edited by Baertram : 03/11/16 at 07:45 AM.
03/11/16, 09:24 AM   #4
coolmodi
You can also use the "debug mode" from my BuffTimers addon to show all effects your char gets. It also shows things that don't appear in char screen.

If you get something it will show up there. You could also use that addon to show a warning upon recieving it then. If it doesn't apply any effect (that gets reported to the API) then you're out of luck I guess.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Vet Maw Color Swap Addon Help (Skinrai + Vashai)