11/02/15, 01:14 PM   #1
Ivanqus
Addons with Controller UI.

How can I make addons such as MasterMerchant or CraftSTore work with the new controller enabled UI? Thank you!
11/02/15, 01:26 PM   #2
QuadroTony
Banned
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
you need to be a developer of addons to have alot knowledge about it, to rewrite this addons to support new UI
11/02/15, 02:24 PM   #3
Randactyl
Originally Posted by Ivanqus View Post
How can I make addons such as MasterMerchant or CraftSTore work with the new controller enabled UI? Thank you!
just ask the devs of each addon what their plan is for gamepad support if that info isnt already somewhere in the description or changelog.

I'm currently auditing all of mine for potential gamepad updates.
11/02/15, 02:25 PM   #4
sirinsidiator

You can't. It is different from addon to addon, but most of them will need a considerable amount of work to support the controller UI.
The best thing you can do for now, is assigning the keybind for toggling the gamepad mode (while you are in keyboard mode) and have mouse and keyboard ready.
11/03/15, 06:32 AM   #5
@AlphaLemming

My addons are absolutely optimized for mouse usage. I do not know if i have time for it and i'am afraid that this would be an huge amount of work and the current rework of only one addon consumes a long time...
The entire smart-mouse-tooltip system would be useless due to a gamepad controler and most of the interface must be redesigned to display that informations... that would be the opposite of what i try to do with my addons.

Last edited by @AlphaLemming : 11/03/15 at 06:35 AM.
11/03/15, 09:58 AM   #6
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
The same here for me.
I don't have the time to redesign everything to be controlled by a gamepad.
You'd need keybindings for nearly everything to control and this would break the idea of easy, dynamically helpers.

If you do not want to move your mouse cursor around by using your gamepad, I'm afraid I won't be able to give suport for your controlers

Maybe, if you use one of my addons, got time, can't play without it:
You could think of a concept how to change/improve the addon to get it's functionality to be supported by a gamepad.

If I like the idea and if it's doable, and if I find the time in the future...

Originally Posted by @AlphaLemming View Post
My addons are absolutely optimized for mouse usage. I do not know if i have time for it and i'am afraid that this would be an huge amount of work and the current rework of only one addon consumes a long time...
The entire smart-mouse-tooltip system would be useless due to a gamepad controler and most of the interface must be redesigned to display that informations... that would be the opposite of what i try to do with my addons.
02/29/16, 04:43 PM   #7
prasoc

Hey if you're still looking for MM integration, I have released an addon which supports such a feature and it integrates the MM price into the game tooltips.

It overwrites the MM functions and replaces certain ones with dummy (blank) functions to stop the error messages from appearing. If you need details, I am more than happy to help

Last edited by prasoc : 02/29/16 at 04:54 PM.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Addons with Controller UI.