03/14/16, 05:45 PM   #1
uladz
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Exclamation Waypoints and map issues after today's patch 03/14/2016

Guys, after today's patch I can not place waypoint markers on the map. I.e. I click "F" and there is no diamond shape icon on the map but I still can see this waypoint on the compass. I had this issue some time ago due to conflict between several addons and the root cause was in different versions of LibMapGPS and LibMapPing libraries incompatibility as I recall. It was all fixed up and I had no issues up till today.

Also, now when I click Ctrl-LMB on the map I get this stack trace (it's not related to CraftingStation addon, if I disable it then the next one that uses LibMapPing will error out, so it's really a problem in the library):

Anyone else has these issues today???

Update: The waypoint issue boils down to LinMapGPS, one of the addons I was using has just upgraded to r7 and all other addons were using r6. Looks like r7 is not compatible with r6. Replacing r7 LibMapGPS with r6 has fixed the issues. The problem with Ctrl-LMB still remains but now I'm not sure if it's really related to today's patch.

Last edited by uladz : 03/14/16 at 06:29 PM.
03/15/16, 05:24 AM   #2
sirinsidiator

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hi, the new r7 of LibGPS fixes one quite frequent issue that caused map pings to permanently not appear on the map, but there is a second different bug that still needs fixing. The map ping should appear when you try to set it for a second time.

As for the error you posted, did you try using Ctrl-LMB while you were not part of a group? This combination is used to set a group ping, which only works in a group. If that's the case I already know why it happens and how to fix it.

I'll try to get r8 out as soon as possible.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Waypoints and map issues after today's patch 03/14/2016