01/20/15, 01:47 AM   #1
OSean980
[Request] Settings Synchronization

I'm a person who likes to be as lazy as possible when it comes to configuring things such as chat color, chatbox size and channels, controls and keybindings, interface, and any other sort of setting. Recently, I've been checking out what it's like to play alts, and I've found it fun. Yet it comes with one daunting task: reassigning chat colors, controls, and anything else ESO doesn't like to keep track of. These settings aren't saved on an account in ESO, but instead by a per-character basis.

I (and I'm sure others as well) would be eternally grateful if some marvelous author were to take up the extraordinary task of creating and maintaining an addon that syncs the following settings, in addition to whatever else can be thought of:
- Chat (size, colors, position, tabs)
- Controls (controls settings in the Controls menu, like activate, walk, sprint, etc)
- Settings (Social settings, Interface settings, etc)
- Addon Settings (if possible) ?

The synchronization of addon settings (like in the outdated addon by Joviex http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info3...sTransfer.html) is unnecessary, although it would be a nice feature to have if there is a way to implement a good version of it.

Chat settings would be like in the addon UnifiedChatTabs, also outdated. (http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info4...dChatTabs.html). The addon pChat has recently introduced this feature (http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info93-pChat.html), so it may not be entirely necessary, although it would be nice to have all of these functions in a single addon.

Controls would be like in the outdated addon Binder, but hopefully in an attractive user interface rather than keybinds. (http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info215-Binder.html)

Thanks for checking out my suggestion. Stay moist!

Last edited by OSean980 : 01/20/15 at 06:29 PM.
03/26/15, 12:46 PM   #2
LostGamer
still need

I fervently second this!
especially since Binder does not seem to work for me...
03/26/15, 12:56 PM   #3
QuadroTony
Banned
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
joviex still works fine

binder will be updated soon
03/27/15, 05:32 AM   #4
DeanGrey

Originally Posted by QuadroTony View Post
joviex still works fine

binder will be updated soon
Addon Settings Transfer does not work and Binder does. You got it flipped.
03/27/15, 07:05 AM   #5
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Binder is working for me @LostGamer.
Try to delet your SavedVariables file and save new binder sets.
Notice that binder automatically saves some "auto sets" if you change something.

And I don't think you would need an interface for this if the chat command don't need space and are simple, very simple to be honest.

About the addon settings:
Each addon is storing it's settings in different ways. I think the easiest way to copy them for you character would be a tool (batch file, windows program, java program, whatever) to just maintain the SavedVariables file and copy the settings of char X to char Y.
Many addons already bring features to store it acocunt wide or copy settings from one to another char.

Standard ESO settings like the chat tabs etc. might need a special addon which copies the settings. This would make sense I guess. Best part would be:
ZOS implements this in their game directly (imo).
03/27/15, 06:14 PM   #6
LostGamer
Thank you, Baertram. I did get Binder working today, and set to auto. So hopefully that will help sync key mapping anyway.

I re-installed Jorvast but will need to do more testing before I am confident it is helping.
And then Wykkyd's stuff has it's own way of syncing.

It would be so nice if ESO would implement a simple common method for syncing.
03/31/15, 10:06 AM   #7
QuadroTony
Banned
Originally Posted by DeanGrey View Post
Addon Settings Transfer does not work and Binder does. You got it flipped.
just tested - binder works fine

you sure bout joviex addon?
03/31/15, 11:07 PM   #8
OSean980
I've started testing out Binder, Joviex, and UnifiedChatTabs again and they all seem to work fine as far as I can tell. I do however get UI errors upon reloading UI.
04/01/15, 06:30 AM   #9
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
If you post the errors here we can maybe resolve them, or at least try to.
04/06/15, 05:20 PM   #10
Andarne

Joviex works fine as of this morning. Some issue with the variables saving, then being overwritten, but I think that might be another of my addons interfering.
04/10/15, 09:58 PM   #11
Dragsooth

I think the main thing he is requesting, is for someone to make these and keep them constantly updated. It can get tedious to change the API version over and over and what if the API is changed completely... you'll have tons of plugins for each addon that is no longer updated... -.-
04/12/15, 06:31 AM   #12
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
I don't see the problem?
Just enable the checkbox "show outdated addons" in the game's addons settings and you are able to use them again.

Most addons just won't be seen anymore because of chnaged API versions but stey still work 100% as before.
04/12/15, 09:12 PM   #13
Dragsooth

Yeah, "most" addons, the ones that all the mainstream uses. Like Skyshards and stuff. There's plenty of awesome addons that are completely out of date unusable :I

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » [Request] Settings Synchronization