06/07/23, 09:00 PM   #1
SCarverOrne

Minion Stopped Working After ESO Update. Reinstallation Will Not Find Addons Folder

Minion has worked fine for years. After the recent Necrom update, a few addons updated. Then I noticed Bandit's UI seemed to be missing. Completely missing. In Minion, I could not access new addons, or find info about the ones I had. I decided to reinstall.

Now, it will not ID the ESO addons folder. It will not recognize it even if I do it manually. I'll bulletpoint relevant info and steps I have taken.

- Windows 11, 64 bit.
- I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times with both the 64 bit version and 32 bit version, on multiple different drives, in multiple different locations / folders.
- I have tried running with admin permissions.
- I am not running anything from OneDrive, it's totally inactive on my PC.
- Minion has been added, removed, re-added several times from my firewall to be sure.
- I have deleted the xml file several times.
- Manually selecting the addons folder does nothing. It just acts like I need to go find it. No addons will list, obv.

minion.log / minion.xml are attached - I see it is reporting errors, but I don't know what they mean, or how to remedy anything. I'm Joe Average computer user over here. Any help would be appreciated - I do not want to have to manage addons manually again.

Note: The log file exceeded 2 MB. I had to break it into two files. They are attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-06-07 225213.png
Views:	273
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	1566  
Attached Files
File Type: xml minion.xml (12.7 KB, 212 views)
File Type: txt minion.txt (1.26 MB, 204 views)
File Type: txt minion2.txt (1.55 MB, 205 views)
06/08/23, 08:43 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If the log file or xml is too big just zip them (select both, right click, send to, zip compressed folder) and attach the zip archive here. It should be small then compared to the log files.

I'll have a look at your log later to see what errors it shows.

Did you allow Minion.exe and the install folder of Minion and the folder c:/users/your windows user name/documents/Elder Scrolls online/live to be accessed (plus subfolders) in the Windows defender antivirus and anti malware settings?
Sometimes Windows blocks access to these folders as they are Windows User folders and thus you need to explicitly allow it, if you uninstall software and install it new.
06/08/23, 09:12 AM   #3
SCarverOrne

Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
If the log file or xml is too big just zip them (select both, right click, send to, zip compressed folder) and attach the zip archive here. It should be small then compared to the log files.

I'll have a look at your log later to see what errors it shows.

Did you allow Minion.exe and the install folder of Minion and the folder c:/users/your windows user name/documents/Elder Scrolls online/live to be accessed (plus subfolders) in the Windows defender antivirus and anti malware settings?
Sometimes Windows blocks access to these folders as they are Windows User folders and thus you need to explicitly allow it, if you uninstall software and install it new.
This may have done it. After taking the above steps, Minion loaded the ESO addons. Thank you for the help.
06/08/23, 09:15 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
After checking your minion.log file:
Old addons and libraries in subfolders:
you should at first check your installed addons and remove very old ones like "AlphaGear 2 Preview Channel" from your live/AddOns folder.
Install the newest versions and not any alpha and preview versions.
Espcially if they contain very old and even disable libraries (since Summerset update!!!!!!) like this: AlphaGear/libs/LibStub/LibStub.lu

Check ALL of your addons in live/AddOns for subfolders like /libs and remove ALL LibStub occurences there.
Same for AutoCategory (AutoCategory/Libs/LibAddonMenu-2.0) -> Delete and replace with AutoCategory Revised.

Check ALL of your addons, you seem to have MANY VERY OUTDATED AND NON WORKING addons (even telling you in their name: "[OUTDATED] Clock - Tamriel Standard Time")
You also seem to had installed Japanese data for Destinations? Do you really need this?
"Destinations + jpData and EnglishQuestName"
I thik you ONLY wanted to have Destinations installed right? So PLEASE check what you install via Minion! Only install the official addons and not any language or additional data patches if you do not want or need those.

Also remove any other library like LibAddonMenu-2.0 in those lib folders and ONLY install them once to your live/AddOns folder. This is the official way to use librraies since Summerset meanwhile.
-> All described here in detail:
https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9149

If your addons do not work anymore then, sorry, deinstall and use newer ones like AlphaGear can best replaced with Wizards Wardrobe.

About Minion not starting or finding any addons:
If my last post does not help (about allowing Minion and access to your documens/Elder Scrolls Online/live/ folder in your Windows Defender it might be anything else happening with your file system or your existing Minion.xml (it looks strange and somehow wrong/broken. Maybe you did not attach the most current one but the log file date and time looks current) file, as this error message says it could not write the configuration to your disk because something could not be read properly:

Code:
ERROR 2023-06-07 22:36:03,833 [JavaFX Application Thread] gg.minion.util.ConfigurationManager:save(1249): Catching org.apache.commons.configuration.ConfigurationException: Unable to save the configuration
	at org.apache.commons.configuration.XMLConfiguration.save(XMLConfiguration.java:1040)
	at org.apache.commons.configuration.AbstractHierarchicalFileConfiguration$FileConfigurationDelegate.save(AbstractHierarchicalFileConfiguration.java:570)
	at org.apache.commons.configuration.AbstractFileConfiguration.save(AbstractFileConfiguration.java:557)
	at org.apache.commons.configuration.AbstractFileConfiguration.save(AbstractFileConfiguration.java:524)
	at org.apache.commons.configuration.AbstractFileConfiguration.save(AbstractFileConfiguration.java:474)
	at org.apache.commons.configuration.AbstractFileConfiguration.save(AbstractFileConfiguration.java:414)
	at org.apache.commons.configuration.AbstractHierarchicalFileConfiguration.save(AbstractHierarchicalFileConfiguration.java:214)
	at gg.minion.util.ConfigurationManager.save(ConfigurationManager.java:1247)
	at gg.minion.util.ConfigurationManager.setPosition(ConfigurationManager.java:397)
	at gg.minion.controller.MinionController$ResizeListener.changed(MinionController.java:412)
	at gg.minion.controller.MinionController$ResizeListener.changed(MinionController.java:409)
	at com.sun.javafx.binding.ExpressionHelper$SingleChange.fireValueChangedEvent(ExpressionHelper.java:182)
	at com.sun.javafx.binding.ExpressionHelper.fireValueChangedEvent(ExpressionHelper.java:81)
	at javafx.beans.property.ReadOnlyDoublePropertyBase.fireValueChangedEvent(ReadOnlyDoublePropertyBase.java:72)
	at javafx.beans.property.ReadOnlyDoubleWrapper.fireValueChangedEvent(ReadOnlyDoubleWrapper.java:103)
	at javafx.beans.property.DoublePropertyBase.markInvalid(DoublePropertyBase.java:113)
	at javafx.beans.property.DoublePropertyBase.set(DoublePropertyBase.java:147)
	at javafx.stage.Window.notifyLocationChanged(Window.java:342)
	at javafx.stage.Window$1.notifyLocationChanged(Window.java:95)
	at com.sun.javafx.stage.WindowHelper.notifyLocationChanged(WindowHelper.java:50)
	at com.sun.javafx.stage.WindowPeerListener.changedLocation(WindowPeerListener.java:49)
	at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassWindowEventHandler.run(GlassWindowEventHandler.java:76)
	at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassWindowEventHandler.run(GlassWindowEventHandler.java:40)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassWindowEventHandler.lambda$handleWindowEvent$423(GlassWindowEventHandler.java:150)
	at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.QuantumToolkit.runWithoutRenderLock(QuantumToolkit.java:389)
	at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassWindowEventHandler.handleWindowEvent(GlassWindowEventHandler.java:148)
	at com.sun.glass.ui.Window.handleWindowEvent(Window.java:1266)
	at com.sun.glass.ui.Window.notifyMove(Window.java:1194)
	at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication._runLoop(Native Method)
	at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication.lambda$null$148(WinApplication.java:191)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.trax.TransformerImpl.transform(TransformerImpl.java:746)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.trax.TransformerImpl.transform(TransformerImpl.java:351)
	at org.apache.commons.configuration.XMLConfiguration.save(XMLConfiguration.java:1036)
	... 31 more
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.trax.DOM2TO.parse(DOM2TO.java:163)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.trax.DOM2TO.parse(DOM2TO.java:230)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.trax.DOM2TO.parse(DOM2TO.java:136)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.trax.DOM2TO.parse(DOM2TO.java:98)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.trax.TransformerImpl.transformIdentity(TransformerImpl.java:693)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.trax.TransformerImpl.transform(TransformerImpl.java:737)
	... 33 more
So something is blocking access to it or it was a broken Minion.xml file.

I would suggest you, as you got SO many old and outdated addons in the lists, to close Minion.exe and all taks of it.
Then backup your Minion.xml file and delete it afterwards in the AppData folder, also delete the Minion.log (backup it too) so it will be created new.

And then clean your live/AddOns folder, or rename the live/AddOns folder to live/AddOns_backup and create an empty live/AddOns folder!
This will make all fresh and empty for Minion.

Then allow file access to Minion.exe and the user documents folder in Windows Defender and Windows Defender Malware protection (check the Internet how to do this if you do not know it. Basically it's "press WIN key, type "windows defender" and then search the settings of Windows Defender for the clickable links to something like "Allow an app" or "Allow access to folder" or similar, then add the Minion.exe file app and the folder of c:\users\your windows username\documents\Elder Scrolls Online to the allowed/exclusion list).

Then run Minion 32bit in Admin Mode.
Let it update (if it still needs to download updates to get to Minion 3.0.5 or newer yet).
Then choose the correct folder for your addons (c:\users\your windows username\documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns).

After that use Minion to install the needed liraries for your addons, like LibAddonMenu, and others (no LibStub anymore!!!) that your addons need. Each addon should tell you in the addon description, what it needs!
So install them once directly to your live/AddnOns folder so that Minion can update them properly afterwards.

After that install your addons new, the ones that you really need. Not those outdated and old ones containing libraries in subdirs, breaking your other addons
Just use newer "updated", "revised", "fixed" etc. versions of the addons.
Check the old addons comments e.g. for mentioned new/replacements.

After that youu got a clean and fresh addons list and the settings of your addons are kept as they are in live/SavedVariables folder and we did not touch them.

Last edited by Baertram : 06/08/23 at 09:18 AM.
12/03/23, 10:36 PM   #5
pavman
I'm now having the same problem after buying necrom during their sale+the most recent ESO update.

I looked in the logs, but all it indicated it was scanning for games on start.

And that's what happens initially, it shows Loading...fetching global configuration. wow...eso...addons...blah.

This was working earlier last month, in fact as recently as last week after the update.

I use both pts and live, so I figured I'd remove both temporarily to see what happens.

Well it prompts me for which game, then I select addons folder. Then nothing else happened and it showed blank ui. I then copied a couple of addons in there, and reset using the gears for addons. And now it just shows the select a folder prompt. When I select the folder it does nothing except return to this modal.

Maybe it was a java update, maybe it was something w/ ESO.

Either way, it's not showing any games after selecting ESO and then the addons folder for live seems to fail too.

And when I remove those addons, it just clocks at Loading and never gets past it. Nothing other than a new monitor and necrom update has changed since last time it just worked.

I am running a really old version java, should I be running a newer version for it to work now or something? Does it autoupdate?
C:\Users\Jimmy>java -version
java version "1.8.0_311"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_311-b11)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.311-b11, mixed mode)

FYI.

Last edited by pavman : 12/03/23 at 10:46 PM.
12/04/23, 04:22 AM   #6
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Hi,

sorry it's not working but we cannot do magic here and know 1000000 pc configurations and stuff around the globe, so I will repeat myself now (as in every thread and new post, because you guys do not seem to be able to read yourself )

Please follow that and if that all does not work post your log and xml files and we might be able to help.
Thanks for your understanding.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Minion Stopped Working After ESO Update. Reinstallation Will Not Find Addons Folder