03/18/20, 07:27 AM   #1
iaai0110
The buggy "What's your DPS?"

Continued ...
I guess my thread was deleted. lol
I was searching for it so I could find out the names of the most popular addons for determining a character's DPS.
Ok, so what I've learned is that these addons are definitely buggy and should not be used or if they are used then the false information should be noted as the information they receive from the Zenimax logs is buggy.
To update:
I've purchased the 12mil skeleton dummy. My burst DPS is 14.8 k (just under one minute with no execute used). Killing the dummy takes 4 minutes, which works out to about 12k DPS where I use execute for the last 25% and that is displayed on the screen as 17k and up 35k (crit at 45% of the time).
I have been playing as a tank in Normal dungeons now with only 2 complaints in well over 100 dungeons and those complaints came within the first couple minutes from absolute noobs Agreed that I am a unique kind of tank as I thought I was a DD. I get a lot of compliments, really a lot.
There are a lot of "black and white" people out there who think that everything must be done in only one way; but it appears that there is a lot of possibilities out there as I am a "tank" according to the communiity.
What I don't understand is how the addon actually does its calculations using the games buggy DPS system. Because everytime you renew a character attribute or buff, that keystroke costs you 0 DPS. So, for example a player has a front bar and back bar with 10 skills. I understand that AOE skills last for more than a few seconds but they are only a few k DPS while the main skills are like mine or a lot more but the buff's key strokes have to be added in to the calculations and if those take 1 second, then the major DPS skill must go down with the 0 DPS for that keystroke plus the couple k DPS keystroke must also cause it to go down. Also, blocking and dodge/rolling are popular skills used by players and those seconds are also 0 DPS. Another thing that occurs is dealing with the mobs: Some players take out an entire mob in about 2 seconds so everyone else in the team there gets 0 DPS for that Mob, especially melee players who don't have enough time to reach the enemy before the far-ranging attackers kill the entire mob. The only effective DPS calculations would be for the boss only but the melee player still starts that encounter with a couple seconds of 0 DPS.
Because DPS addons have to be so inaccurate I think these authors should remove them from the game. Or they should only display "burst" DPS and when there is not enough data for a proper DPS calculation, they should clearly state that the DPS for a particular team member does not have enough Data.
Regarding Zenimax' buggy DPS: I have switched items, upgraded items, etc. with the displayed DPS results being less than when I started.
The bottom line ,imo, is the community. In general they have participated in hundreds of dungeons and should have a feeling for what is good and what is bad for a tank, DD or healer. I do calculations and others do them too but the huge majority of the community does not understand them and uses them as gospel. It is my strong opinion that certain addons should be removed where their purpose is misread and misused.
And no I have not been kicked as a "tank."
Yet
lol, mdrrr

Regards,

03/18/20, 07:40 AM   #2
Scootworks

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
i didn’t read the other thread, but i could imagine why it got deleted.imo you should stay as tank and ignore dps at all.

btw, your max burst is really bad and i hope this thread is getting closed fast too ;-)

03/18/20, 08:24 AM   #3
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Ok, so what I've learned is that these addons are definitely buggy and should not be used or if they are used then the false information should be noted as the information they receive from the Zenimax logs is buggy.
Yeah, always the others...
Meanwhile I think have to appologize for my words about the "don't feed the troll" post I did in your old thread...

The game is wrong, the addons rely on the wrong data and are wrong therefor and all that is correct is your own calculated DPS by "visible data collection at the screen"

You should really stop this now and think about the one fact:
About 100000+ players + the game code are not wrong compared to your calculations. It's more obvious that simply YOU are the one misscalculating something and you do not want to face the facts and start another rant here now.

I totally understand you. I don't like or use any dps meter addons and I do not support others that kick players from groups.
This is a no-go except if they have search for dps 30k+ and you have joined them providing wrong info.

But instead of investing time into telling us what you think is wrong, you should have simply worked on your setup, skills etc. like ppl proposed you AND offered you access to their homes to test your rotation at the skelletons.
You did not even provide any logs to us sow e can have a look. All you say is "the data is wrong". Which data? Show us the data?

If you do not think this is necessary: Fine, your choice. But stop the fight here now and just accept the way it is OR talk to the ppl directly who kick you:
They are the problem, not us.
They think you are, I know. But they won't change and they are not complaining here so we are not going to write to them (nor am I interested into).

You got 2 possibilities here:
Do not accept it and don't play with them.
Or accept it and work on your skills, rotation and play style.

In the end it's all about you and what you want to change. So stop posting here again or it'll most likely be deleted again "lol" -> btw: Wasn't me

P.S.
DPS also depends on your network connection, group, synergies, buffs on enemies by the tank or heal or dds, etc.
So calculating them in different environments simply does not provide the same results in the end.

Last edited by Baertram : 03/18/20 at 08:29 AM.

03/18/20, 09:32 AM   #4
Rhyono
Originally Posted by iaai0110 View Post
I've purchased the 12mil skeleton dummy. My burst DPS is 14.8 k (just under one minute with no execute used). Killing the dummy takes 4 minutes, which works out to about 12k DPS where I use execute for the last 25% and that is displayed on the screen as 17k and up 35k (crit at 45% of the time).
I think you meant 3M HP dummy? You said it took you 4 minutes, which is 12.5k dps. Why do you think the DPS meters are wrong when your own numbers confirm you are vastly underperforming?

03/18/20, 10:08 AM   #5
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Oi. Let me explain this in simple terms. If your thread gets deleted, it was deleted by a moderator or admin. If you have questions as to why it was deleted, PM us. Don't restart it without talking to us about why it was deleted in the first place. That's a good way to get yourself banned.

This thread won't be deleted, yet. It is, however, getting locked. Pro tip: Don't restart it yet again.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » The buggy "What's your DPS?"