08/29/23, 08:33 AM   #1
scaped
Wanting to commission add-on

Heya, i've been looking to commission a small add-on from anyone who could create it.
It should display currently applicable death animations from elemental- and martial damage sources for players (and companions if possible). "Currently applicable" since whichever animation is applicable is rerolled with entering a new instance. I hope this is possible?
Will pay 200€ over paypal for it. Send me a personal message for more info.
08/29/23, 09:08 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It should display currently applicable death animations from elemental- and martial damage sources for players (and companions if possible)
With "Show death animations" you mean you click somewhere and your character dies with a chosen animation?
I'm pretty sure addons cannot achieve this.

https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9865
-> What addons cannot do
08/29/23, 10:13 AM   #3
scaped
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
With "Show death animations" you mean you click somewhere and your character dies with a chosen animation?
I'm pretty sure addons cannot achieve this.

https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9865
-> What addons cannot do
That's not what i meant.
It's a little odd to explain: whenever you enter an instance the game rolls your applicable death animations.
Let's say you are killed by fire damage in the overworld- it will either play the special death animation for that element or it won't. If it plays it, it will always play it when killed by fire damage unless you either relog or change instance, it's never 100% random. As such, if it doesn't play it it will also never play it until you relog or change instance, that's when the game rerolls this again. However, in pvp it works differently as it's the weapons enchantment that has to deal the final amount of damage for one of the animations to play- therefore unpredictable.
Getting some text in the top left or something that says whether a specific animation has been rolled by the game for you (which animation is applicable for your character in the current instance that you're in) seems like it could be possible considering addons for trials exist that detect whenever you are the target for a mechanic and such.
08/29/23, 12:20 PM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Okay, that explains it better, thanks for the additional info.

Trial mechanics are working based on buffs or any other thing that are present on the character (if you press C you see your own buffs) or combat events that provide a particular buffId /abilityId etc.

I might be wrog here, but:
I never saw anything about death or oher animations, as info (by buff, event, id, whatever) or at any API functions. So I really doubt your request would be possible, because we cannot detected the current animation. API just doesn't tell us what the server has chosen.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Wanting to commission add-on