09/20/23, 01:09 AM   #1
fredd
Companions being automatically resummoned

Would there be a way to stop this new default ESO behaviour where companions are automatically resummoned after you unsummon banker/merchant/ragpicker etc? You have to actively unsummon them before you summon an assistant or they crawl back. Very annoying when doing writs

I don't have any spare keyboard slots to bind all companions to a key so it is majorly annoying to have to go into the wheel find him press get rid of him then get a message saying "Prevented interaction with Stupid-Lizard" because I have the block interaction with companion addon (No Interact) so then I have to turn to not face him & try again to make get lost.
09/20/23, 02:00 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Are you sure this isn't any addon causing this?
Because ZOs said they disabled that auto resummon:
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.co...august-29-2023

Maybe it got fixed and re-enabled again meanwhile.

The part about No interact makes no sense to me btw. The addon should disallow interaction if you move your corsshair above the companion and press the use key but not summon/unsummon via a quickslot afaik?

Did you check the other companion related addons already? I'm pretty sure one of those got 1 keybind to unsommon "currently active" companion, so it would be 1 keybind to add then.
Maybe they even have features to prevent the auto resummon that ZOs introduced already.
Just search for "companion" with the addon search.

e.g.
Auto Banish Pets/Assistants/Companions

btw:
Install the addon EMACs to get keybind support with additional key combinations like SHIFT, ALT, CTRL
It's discontinued and outdated buts till works, you just have to manually install that.
Or install the chat related addon pChat e.g., it includes the same.

Last edited by Baertram : 09/20/23 at 02:08 AM.
09/20/23, 04:36 AM   #3
fredd
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Are you sure this isn't any addon causing this?
Because ZOs said they disabled that auto resummon:
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.co...august-29-2023

Maybe it got fixed and re-enabled again meanwhile.

The part about No interact makes no sense to me btw. The addon should disallow interaction if you move your corsshair above the companion and press the use key but not summon/unsummon via a quickslot afaik?

Did you check the other companion related addons already? I'm pretty sure one of those got 1 keybind to unsommon "currently active" companion, so it would be 1 keybind to add then.
Maybe they even have features to prevent the auto resummon that ZOs introduced already.
Just search for "companion" with the addon search.

e.g.
Auto Banish Pets/Assistants/Companions

btw:
Install the addon EMACs to get keybind support with additional key combinations like SHIFT, ALT, CTRL
It's discontinued and outdated buts till works, you just have to manually install that.
Or install the chat related addon pChat e.g., it includes the same.
Thx for the keybind advice appreciated & I'll definitely look at auto banish I've got plenty of free keys on my keyboard but the Zos limit seems to be worked out in a weird way no way I have 106 bound keys

Patch Notes confirm it is back............. rats I hate this
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.co...h-notes-v9-1-7

Re-enabled the functionality that allows you to automatically re-summon Companions when they are dismissed by summoning an Assistant.
It doesn't "allow you" it forces it on you

P.S In the No Interact addon chat someone else has had the same error so it isn't just me
https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info....html#comments
comment by Timeviewer

Last edited by fredd : 09/20/23 at 04:56 AM.
09/20/23, 07:18 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Oh okay, if there is no setting available to stop that resummon of companions I'd say best would be to rage about that in official ESO forums and ask for a setting for that in the vanilla game settings first. I second this for sure.

About the 100 possible changed keybinds:
Every changed keybind, no matter if vanilla game keybind for gamepad or keyboard (e.g. change keybind for "use" to something non default -> -1 custom keybinds), or an addon added keybind is defined, counts as -1 custom keybind!
Even not currently active keybinds of addons still count as -1 once they are set.

https://wiki.esoui.com/Keybindings#Keybind_facts

So if you want to free up those you should enable all addons to see which keybinds got changed, then unset the ones of addons you do not use (anymore)!
And also change back the vanilla keybinds to defaults for the ones you do not use.

Last edited by Baertram : 09/20/23 at 07:23 AM.
09/23/23, 01:42 AM   #5
fredd
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Oh okay, if there is no setting available to stop that resummon of companions I'd say best would be to rage about that in official ESO forums and ask for a setting for that in the vanilla game settings first. I second this for sure.

About the 100 possible changed keybinds:
Every changed keybind, no matter if vanilla game keybind for gamepad or keyboard (e.g. change keybind for "use" to something non default -> -1 custom keybinds), or an addon added keybind is defined, counts as -1 custom keybind!
Even not currently active keybinds of addons still count as -1 once they are set.

https://wiki.esoui.com/Keybindings#Keybind_facts

So if you want to free up those you should enable all addons to see which keybinds got changed, then unset the ones of addons you do not use (anymore)!
And also change back the vanilla keybinds to defaults for the ones you do not use.
Appreciate this thx will have a good read of the keybind stuff
thx again

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Companions being automatically resummoned