11/08/20, 06:18 PM   #1
Riverdee
noob question re: libCommonInventoryFilters - OBSOLETE

"After the Markarth patch (API 10033) this library won't be needed any longer.
Please deinstall and remove it from your addons!"

When I started to Uninstall this through Minion it asks if I want to delete saved varibles too - so should I delete these or not?

Reading other posts it seems that deleting saved variables is not something you should automatically do?

also - I assume "remove it from your addons" means uncheck it if it is still showing up in my game?

I really have no understanding of addons, but like my car I'm just happy it works when i start the engine.

Thank You for any advice
11/09/20, 01:48 AM   #2
votan

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
This is a stupid standard question of minion, because this lib does not have saved variables.

So, yes.
11/09/20, 07:21 AM   #3
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Reading other posts it seems that deleting saved variables is not something you should automatically do?
No!
You should only delete your SavedVariables if you are sure you do not need them anymore or if told so to get a "clean fresh installation".
Backup the files manually (not via Minion!) before you delete them and you are safe to copy them back in if you still need the old settings.
They are located in the folder users/your windows username/documents/elder scrolls onoine/live/SavedVariables and the filename is the same like the addon's foldername + extension ".lua" (e.g. addon folder name is "MyAddon" then the SavedVariables filename will be MyAddon.lua).
You will find this folder, and are able to backup the files/the complete folder like described here:
https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9235

If you got errors with the old SV: Delete it, yes.

If you always delete them while uninstalling an addon it will delete all your settings for that addon, even if you ONLY want to assure that deinstall + reinstall will just exchange the addon files and you got the newest and all files completely.

So it's your choice and noone should tell you to ALWAYS delete them! Or you will loose your addon settings which might take hours to rebuild them, depending on each addon's settings menu and possibilities.

Last edited by Baertram : 11/09/20 at 07:24 AM.
11/09/20, 12:31 PM   #4
Riverdee

Thank You for the detailed explanation.

I can move forward without fear of breaking my game now.

Again, Thanks

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » noob question re: libCommonInventoryFilters - OBSOLETE