08/11/20, 12:26 AM   #1
TagCdog
Addon profiles (pre character login)

Hi All,

I assume that anything prior to logging in is untouchable by addons, but I wanted to ask just in case.

Is there anything like Circonians Addon Selector except where you can select specific addon profiles prior to logging into a character?

If such a thing does not exist, would an external tool work? It could keep various profiles stored on variant AddOnSettings.txt files and load them up at the user's command?

At what point would AddOnSettings.txt be interchangeable? Does it get loaded upon initial login and overwritten upon character logout?

If all else fails, would this be a reasonable feature request for ZoS to implement (along with a select all and deselect all option!)?

Thanks!
08/11/20, 01:37 AM   #2
votan

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by TagCdog View Post
Hi All,

I assume that anything prior to logging in is untouchable by addons, but I wanted to ask just in case.

Is there anything like Circonians Addon Selector except where you can select specific addon profiles prior to logging into a character?

If such a thing does not exist, would an external tool work? It could keep various profiles stored on variant AddOnSettings.txt files and load them up at the user's command?

At what point would AddOnSettings.txt be interchangeable? Does it get loaded upon initial login and overwritten upon character logout?

If all else fails, would this be a reasonable feature request for ZoS to implement (along with a select all and deselect all option!)?

Thanks!
Even everything prior being in the game is untouchable by addons.
I have not tested it, but I would say that AddOnSettings.txt is written from eso.exe memory without checking external changes on reloadui, logout and quit.

What you can do is writing your own launcher, which writes AddOnSettings.txt with your profile before executing eso.exe.
08/11/20, 05:25 AM   #3
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by votan View Post
Even everything prior being in the game is untouchable by addons.
I have not tested it, but I would say that AddOnSettings.txt is written from eso.exe memory without checking external changes on reloadui, logout and quit.

What you can do is writing your own launcher, which writes AddOnSettings.txt with your profile before executing eso.exe.
Should be doable as long as the eso client or ESO64.exe is not running.
I modified the files manually with a text editor and it worked.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Addon profiles (pre character login)