08/30/18, 01:38 PM   #1
Cardinal05
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
[outdated] Housing API Request or Question re: HousingEditorGetFurnitureWorldBounds

It would be super useful for measuring, placing and aligning items if there were a version of the existing HousingEditorGetFurnitureWorldBounds function that could return the World Bounds for a furnitureId that is axis-aligned (pitch, yaw and roll of 0 radians). That way we could calculate the [near] perfect fit for adjacent of items regardless of their current orientation.

Also, if there is an existing way to do this, please let me know - I'd hugely appreciate it! At the moment, I have a batch job that runs prior to certain operations that literally cannot work without knowing the proper bounding box for items (such as Builds that aim to place items seamlessly for the player).

Unfortunately, my batch process is bulky, time consuming and requires aligning each unique item type to 0,0,0 pitch/yaw/roll, waiting for the move operation to finish, measuring the bounding box (with the aforementioned function) and then orienting the items back to their original positions.

Thank you so much!
@Cardinal05

08/30/18, 03:01 PM   #2
sirinsidiator

Isn't that what HousingEditorGetFurnitureLocalBounds should return? It should tell you how big the item is in it's local frame of reference.
What seems to be missing is a function GetFurnitureDataLocalBounds(furnitureDataId) to get the bounds of a furniture before it is placed. Otherwise you cannot position it perfectly right from the inventory. Or maybe I just didn't see it?

08/31/18, 03:52 PM   #3
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
Originally Posted by sirinsidiator View Post
Isn't that what HousingEditorGetFurnitureLocalBounds should return? It should tell you how big the item is in it's local frame of reference.
What seems to be missing is a function GetFurnitureDataLocalBounds(furnitureDataId) to get the bounds of a furniture before it is placed. Otherwise you cannot position it perfectly right from the inventory. Or maybe I just didn't see it?
Unfortunately we don't know the model bounds without loading it.

09/05/18, 03:52 AM   #4
Cardinal05
Originally Posted by ZOS_ChipHilseberg View Post
Unfortunately we don't know the model bounds without loading it.
Oh ok, no worries then. I wasn't sure if, from the client's code, there was the same limitation as I had or not in that regard. Thanks for the response!

09/05/18, 04:51 AM   #5
Cardinal05
Originally Posted by sirinsidiator View Post
I just reread your original message and realized that I had misinterpreted it. I actually had no idea that's what this function did - I thought that it returned the bounding box's coordinates in a different unit measure relative to the current map location. Yay, then this is exactly what I needed - thank you Siri! <3

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Wish List » [outdated] Housing API Request or Question re: HousingEditorGetFurnitureWorldBounds