02/16/14, 12:00 AM   #1
Logatera

Don't tell us! (Character names)

Just a piece of advice. DO NOT reveal any of your character names on these forums,
before creating your character ingame.

Every character name can only exist once on the megaserver of ESO, you won't get
a second chance to secure your name on another server because there aint one.
Anyone who wants to be a dick could easily create a character with the same name and
you would be screwed.
02/16/14, 12:11 AM   #2
PeterRJG

Yep, it's why I'm not making sigs for any of the various ESO forums I hang out at. Humans will be humans.
02/17/14, 03:52 PM   #3
DROG VOKUN

luckily I have like 6 lore friendly names in reserve....bring it internet.
02/18/14, 09:32 AM   #4
Abardomas1

Yep...you know a lot of people are going to do it too.
02/18/14, 11:57 AM   #5
neiljwd

Wink

I've got 5 charaters and names that I want, not too fussed about whether I get them exactly, as this games generous and flexible naming means that If don get "Jin bob", I could try for "Jin Bob", even "Jin-bob" or, "Sir Jinbob" "Sir Jin Bob"... perhaps even "Surgeon Bob" ... .

Also I'm on the European side of things, so hopefully there won't be quite as much competition for names.
02/21/14, 06:56 AM   #6
ablueman
lol hence my comment on the other thread, tinfoil hats and arrow proof knee protectors might have made it clear I was joking but there was no way I was going to tell people what names I'm going for.

I'm sure no one here would be naive enough to fall for it, but better safe than sorry.

Same goes for GUILD INVITES. If they wont accept you without a name. Let them wait.
02/23/14, 08:10 AM   #7
Shroudeye

These are some names that have been rejected already:

ChuckNorris
RatInThePot
LustyArgonianMaid
FishySticks
PeterPantsless
Fistfulloffetus
Lovepuddles
Underpickles
Haywoodjablowmee
Forestgump
Summerteeth
GerardButler
03/13/14, 12:52 AM   #8
Vuelhering
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Logatera View Post
Just a piece of advice. DO NOT reveal any of your character names on these forums, before creating your character ingame.
Yeah, I have like 5 different names that are never used by anyone. I'll have to race for one common one, though. Also, you can use multiple words, so you can also have a last name which makes it much easier to deal with.

I usually choose different names when I switch games. Often I make up new ones that "sound" interesting.

But in the long run, you are your ACCOUNT name, not your character name. And you probably have already registered your name. Hope you chose a good one, unless you really want all your guildies to groan when @xxPWNUHUNG2LOxx logs in.

And I already have an account which people know me by, so all other names are immaterial.
03/13/14, 02:00 AM   #9
vasdrakken
On one of the private boards we are already talking about using our user id or some version of it as the chars last name to make it easier to figure out who we are talking to.
03/13/14, 02:37 AM   #10
Vuelhering
Originally Posted by vasdrakken View Post
On one of the private boards we are already talking about using our user id or some version of it as the chars last name to make it easier to figure out who we are talking to.
When you talk in guild, all your characters speak as your login name.
04/08/14, 10:23 AM   #11
Nothingness

Also, do not use during betas the names you want to use when the game goes live. I made the mistake to do that with Ryzom and Lord of the Rings Online closed/open betas to come up with cool names and when the games went live the names were taken. I kind of cried back then but since I do not share names on the internet and do not create alts in betas with such names as well.
04/08/14, 12:22 PM   #12
Sharp

The first thing I did was create characters with all the names I wanted. Problem solved!
04/08/14, 01:20 PM   #13
Vuelhering
Originally Posted by Sharp View Post
The first thing I did was create characters with all the names I wanted. Problem solved!
Unless someone else does that first. Problem unsolved.
04/08/14, 03:24 PM   #14
Tonyleila

Originally Posted by Sharp View Post
Yes did that too, later did it again because I did not want to level from 1-3 again
04/09/14, 07:25 AM   #15
Sharp

Originally Posted by Vuelhering View Post
Unless someone else does that first. Problem unsolved.
If a bunch of people want your names, you should be more creative.
09/08/14, 10:33 AM   #16
Aetheron

I feel the pain. I used a throw-away ID during the beta thinking I could change it when the game went live. In the end, I got the character name I wanted (Aetheron - same as on here), but someone else nabbed Aetheron as their user ID. So now I have to be extra clear when talking to people about my add on - that @Aetheron is not the author. Very confusing.

ESOUI » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » Don't tell us! (Character names)