04/13/15, 10:08 AM   #1
Hôche
[Request] Change skills when jump on horse

Hello,
Is there a way to swap the weapons and skills when the character jumps on his horse? I really like the skill to move faster for about 40%(don't know the name right now) but I also want to be able to have 5 combat skill in my list.

Would be great if someone can do this. It's hard to press a button everytime and sometimes I forget it.

Best regards
04/13/15, 10:16 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If you want to use the AVA skill to run/move faster activated AUTOMATICALLY as you press the keybinding to mount:
It is not possible to automatically execute skills. You need to manually do it.

What would be possible, I guess, is to switch the action bars (weapon sets) to number 1 or 2 if you mount the horse.

But you won't be able to execute the skill then anymore without getting unmounted again
Or does this AVA skill not unmount you if you use it sitinng on your mount? (I really don't know)

The easiest way would be to just execute the skill manually and THEN mount afterwards.

There is an addon which shows you the currently active weapon set/action bar by help of a number 1 or 2 (you can change the font, size and color by chat commands. See the addons description):
http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info7...aponbarId.html

Or you can use TweakIt from circonian to show the current weapons as small icons:
http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info9...nsTweakIt.html
04/13/15, 10:22 AM   #3
Hôche
Hey, thanks for the reply. The skill doesn't unmount you. Yeah I mean that on horse the second weapon set is active and then I can manually use the skill. I only want to have an automation of the weapon swap when I mount the horse.

Best regards
04/13/15, 10:26 AM   #4
Garkin

Originally Posted by Hôche View Post
Hey, thanks for the reply. The skill doesn't unmount you. Yeah I mean that on horse the second weapon set is active and then I can manually use the skill. I only want to have an automation of the weapon swap when I mount the horse.

Best regards
You can do this using SWAPS or Wykkyd's Outfitter - just mount up, hit keybind to change your skills, activate Rapid Maneuver, hit another keybind to change skills back.
04/13/15, 10:29 AM   #5
QuadroTony
Banned
Originally Posted by Garkin View Post
You can do this using SWAPS or Wykkyd's Outfitter - just mount up, hit keybind to change your skills, activate Rapid Maneuver, hit another keybind to change skills back.
rapid maneuver buff will dissapear in this case
04/13/15, 10:44 AM   #6
Hôche
When I mount it should automatically swap the weapon set, like press the button for weapon swap and after unmount it should press it again. I could use with some software for example button "h" together for both function(mount and weapon swap) but when I can't mount the horse then the game would also change the weapon set and that's the problem.

Best regards
04/13/15, 11:01 AM   #7
Ayantir

Yes this is a nice idea. maybe a little extension for swaps per exemple.

Lua Code:
  1. (preHook ToogleMount, function (...)
  3.     if (inCyro)
  4.         if myActualBarIsSpeedOne() then
  5.             swaps.changeBuild(theOneWithSpeedBuff)
  6.         else
  7.             swapWeapons()
  8.             swaps.changeBuild(theOneWithSpeedBuff)
  9.         end
  10.     end
  12. end)

We could do same with weapon siege and siege shield, per exemple.
04/13/15, 11:21 AM   #8
Hôche
Originally Posted by Ayantir View Post

Lua Code:
  3.     if (inCyro)
  6.         else
  9.         end
  10.     end
  12. end)

Great nice to see someone who know what I mean and the skills to make it happen.
04/13/15, 11:51 AM   #9
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
You could use this event:

EVENT_MOUNTED_STATE_CHANGED (eventCode, isMounted)

Build a callback function to register with the event and check the isMounted variable to be true.
If so, swap weapon bars to the number (1 or 2) that you have setup in the settings.

Originally Posted by Ayantir View Post

Lua Code:
  3.     if (inCyro)
  6.         else
  9.         end
  10.     end
  12. end)

04/14/15, 06:20 AM   #10
Hôche
Someone want to make such an addon? I have no time to learn lua now. Would be great to have someone who would work on it.

Best regards

Last edited by Hôche : 04/14/15 at 06:23 AM.
04/14/15, 07:04 AM   #11
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
I'll try it later on as I get home and find time but I can't promise a release date :-) Depends on what time it needs to work.
04/14/15, 07:14 AM   #12
Hôche
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
I'll try it later on as I get home and find time but I can't promise a release date :-) Depends on what time it needs to work.
Sounds great
04/14/15, 09:55 AM   #13
Adalan
Hello,
Is there a way to swap the weapons and skills when the character jumps on his horse? I really like the skill to move faster for about 40%(don't know the name right now) but I also want to be able to have 5 combat skill in my list.

Would be great if someone can do this. It's hard to press a button everytime and sometimes I forget it.

Best regards
I do manage the GearSwap addon actually - it do swap whole sets (armour, rings and necklace) on weaponswap and manually on keypress for all those sets (up to four) you have saved.
I could implement an automatic swap on one of your saved sets, if you mount up and swap back to the last set you used, if you unmount. This could be toggeld for your needs by a keypress and on settings-menu.
But this can just work if you are not in combat, because in combat you cant switch sets.

But for now you could set it manually with one saved set or automatically with a simple weaponswap for ie. the secondary set.

Let me know, if you need that for mount/unmount or if this addon is ok as it is for your needs.

Greets,
Adalan
04/14/15, 10:44 AM   #14
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Ok I'm not possible to switch the action bars if you mount, as Garkin has written here:
http://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2472

You need to install the inofficial ESOLauncher from www.Gamemodi.net and apply the settings ini file changes that Garkin told you to do:
Code:
[General]
# This setting, when set to true, allows player created mods to use protected or
# private Lua functions such as: SendChatMessage, ToggleMount, PerformAttack, etc.
# If you change this setting, you must restart your game for it to take effect.
#
# This is a GameModi Plus only feature
# default: false
EnableProtectedLuaFunctions=true
After this my addon attempt here would be able to swap your waeapon bars to a desired ID (1 or 2).
Change the desired ID by using the chat command "/fcom id <ID>" where <ID> can be 1 or 2.
If you mount your horse and the actual id is not <ID> it will change your weapons to the other bar.
Use <ID> = 0 to disable it.
Another chat command will be /fcom unmountid <ID> (1, 2 or 0 to disable it as written above) which will change the weapon bar ids if you unmount (and are out of combat!).

Download my addon here at ESOUI, the name is "FCOMounter"
-> I uploaded it a few minutes ago so it must be released by the site admins first. Give them some time to check and release it please. Currently the download will not be possible until it is released.

I did not test it as I do not use the ESOLauncher from www.gamemodi.net and I won't install it!

@Total gear + skills swaps upon mounting:
If you want to swithc your whole gear and skills if you mount please talk to Wykkyd's Outfitter addon author/maintainer or to GearSwaps addon author/maintainer to achieve this as I don't have the time AND not the will to help you with this request. Thank you.

Thanks to Adalan for providing the help already.

Last edited by Baertram : 04/14/15 at 10:46 AM.
04/14/15, 12:51 PM   #15
Hôche
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Ok I'm not possible to switch the action bars if you mount, as Garkin has written here:
http://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2472

You need to install the inofficial ESOLauncher from www.Gamemodi.net and apply the settings ini file changes that Garkin told you to do:
Code:
[General]
# This setting, when set to true, allows player created mods to use protected or
# private Lua functions such as: SendChatMessage, ToggleMount, PerformAttack, etc.
# If you change this setting, you must restart your game for it to take effect.
#
# This is a GameModi Plus only feature
# default: false
EnableProtectedLuaFunctions=true
After this my addon attempt here would be able to swap your waeapon bars to a desired ID (1 or 2).
Change the desired ID by using the chat command "/fcom id <ID>" where <ID> can be 1 or 2.
If you mount your horse and the actual id is not <ID> it will change your weapons to the other bar.
Use <ID> = 0 to disable it.
Another chat command will be /fcom unmountid <ID> (1, 2 or 0 to disable it as written above) which will change the weapon bar ids if you unmount (and are out of combat!).

Download my addon here at ESOUI, the name is "FCOMounter"
-> I uploaded it a few minutes ago so it must be released by the site admins first. Give them some time to check and release it please. Currently the download will not be possible until it is released.

I did not test it as I do not use the ESOLauncher from www.gamemodi.net and I won't install it!

@Total gear + skills swaps upon mounting:
If you want to swithc your whole gear and skills if you mount please talk to Wykkyd's Outfitter addon author/maintainer or to GearSwaps addon author/maintainer to achieve this as I don't have the time AND not the will to help you with this request. Thank you.

Thanks to Adalan for providing the help already.
Thanks for your work, I used the launcher (I don't really like it) and also changed the setting but it seems to not work. It doesn't change the weapon. I used id 2 for mount and id 1 for unmount.

Best regards

Last edited by Hôche : 04/14/15 at 01:03 PM.
04/14/15, 01:01 PM   #16
Hôche
Originally Posted by Adalan View Post
I do manage the GearSwap addon actually - it do swap whole sets (armour, rings and necklace) on weaponswap and manually on keypress for all those sets (up to four) you have saved.
I could implement an automatic swap on one of your saved sets, if you mount up and swap back to the last set you used, if you unmount. This could be toggeld for your needs by a keypress and on settings-menu.
But this can just work if you are not in combat, because in combat you cant switch sets.

But for now you could set it manually with one saved set or automatically with a simple weaponswap for ie. the secondary set.

Let me know, if you need that for mount/unmount or if this addon is ok as it is for your needs.

Greets,
Adalan
Sounds great, but I think if you got unmount of an enemy, the set wont change or is there a chance to change it if you fall off the mount because i dont know if I am already in combat when someone hits me. And would this solution work without the unofficial launcher because I really don't like to use things like that.

Best regards
04/14/15, 01:24 PM   #17
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
If you fall off the mount it is because of 2 reasons:
-You got into combat already and an enemy hit you so hard that your horse stamina is <= 0 -> You are in combat and no skills etc. can be changed
-You wnt into deep water :-) -> You are not in combat and can chnage what you want I guess, as longs as the action bars are not greyed out because you are swimming (maybe it is even working then)

Changing your skills would work without the alternative ESOLauncher activated BUT you cannot switch your weapon bars without the alternative ESOLauncher! So the actual skills at your actual weapon bar could get changed, but only the skills at this bar. The other bar's skills might get changed later then if you switch manually to them and are not in combat.
04/14/15, 01:26 PM   #18
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Thanks for your work, I used the launcher (I don't really like it) and also changed the setting but it seems to not work. It doesn't change the weapon. I used id 2 for mount and id 1 for unmount.

Best regards
Did you get any lua error message in the chat? The addon works with the standard ESO launcher until you try to mount and have set a weapon bar id for mountng -> ESO will show an error message in chat that the "addon is trying to call a private function from insecure code".

This error message shouldn't appear using the alternative ESOLauncher, if you have setup the INI file correctly, as private functions are allowed to be called then.
So if the private function still exists and is working (I assumed this) the adodn should work :-(
04/14/15, 01:52 PM   #19
Hôche
No I don't get any error message.

So I think then it's bad to use such an addon, because when you can't change the skills in combat and you are mount and then unmount then you can't use your normal skills and I wanted to only have the rapid maneuver in the second bar. I thought it's possible to at least change the skills while in combat. For example in AvA it would really bad if someone hits you on mount.

Last edited by Hôche : 04/14/15 at 01:55 PM.
04/14/15, 02:07 PM   #20
Adalan
Sounds great, but I think if you got unmount of an enemy, the set wont change or is there a chance to change it if you fall off the mount because i dont know if I am already in combat when someone hits me. And would this solution work without the unofficial launcher because I really don't like to use things like that.

Best regards
On tests it do work now.
If you get mounted, it change the gearset and if you get unmounted it do change it back.
I added also a sneak variant, so if you get into sneakmode, then you do also change the set and back to the one before (so long you do not switch sets while you are in sneak or on mount)
You can set up all in the addon menu-settings (choosing gearsets and enable or disable the use of them for automatic switches on modes).

EDIT:
You are free to set up the set you want. For unmounting because of any bad reason i would prefer to use a mixed set then and switch back, if possible. You may be a bit weaker on mounting, but more faster then and stronger back, on a switched main set.
For sure nice would be the possibility to switch automatically on sneak :-)
I could implement a keysetting to enable or disable autoswitching, because sometimes it could be better to have it off and this fast enough.

But i want to test it a bit more, before i do upload it. It will be the version 1.32. So stay tuned.

Greets,
Adalan

Last edited by Adalan : 04/14/15 at 02:16 PM.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » [Request] Change skills when jump on horse