02/17/14, 11:06 AM   #1
Moonraker
Premium Member

Premium Member
Commenting & Other Issues

First off I want to say I do like the site design and in general it works well so far in trying stuff out. Obviously some elements are WIP which is understandable.

Some issues encountered so far;

When creating a new Comment I have the following issues:

In Comment formatting;

1. Bold does not appear to work. I select a word and click B to bold it but the text does not change

2. I button for italic also has no effect when used.

3. No option to link to external or internal pages.

Undo, Redo, both Lists and both Indents appear to function correctly.

In Edit;

4. No way to format text once originally submitted. I find this restricting if I miss some formatting.

5. Edit field is very narrow (around 28 characters wide) for some reason. makes it hard to edit.

6. Revisiting the page containing the comment the Edit (pencil) icon has gone and not possible to edit. It was there after submitting the comment the first time.
Fix: Refreshing the page fixed the issue and Edit icon returned. Possibly related to having to re-login often even when 'Remember me on this computer' is selected on Login.

7. Once a Comment is posted, the User Page has a new section called Content > Comments (1) and a Preview section which shows a preview of the post. However there does not seem to be any way to click through directly to the comment on the page.

8. Returning to a page the Comment field is greyed (light brown) and unable to click through to comments. Fix: Refreshing page fixed it.

9. Report icon returns a NYI flag. Assuming it is in fact NYI.

10. Selecting Remember me on this computer on Login appears not to work well. When returning to the site after 30 minutes or longer (possibly shorter but not timed) I am still required to Login again.

My Setup

System: iMac 27-inch, Late 2013/ 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5/ 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3/ NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB/ OS X 10.9.1 (13B42)

Browser: Safari Version 7.0.1 (9537.73.11)

Last edited by Moonraker : 02/17/14 at 11:10 AM.

ESOUI » Site Forums » ESOHead help, bugs, suggestions/questions » Commenting & Other Issues