07/09/19, 09:24 AM   #1
bugtymetexan
AddOn Mac Help

After the latest ESO patch (Elsweyr) my add-ons (majority) stopped working.

I have dependent libs that I have installed but the add-ons are still not working and showing that I still lack the libs per Add-Ons section of the game (menu).

Is there something I am missing or installing improperly?

NOTE: I have uninstalled and reinstalled the add-ons and the required libs with no success.

Thoughts?

BTT
07/09/19, 09:47 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Check if you have installed the libraries correctly into the AddOns directory and not in any subfolder.
Give an example where your addons are located with an addon which needs libraries. And then tell us where this library is installed to.
be sure that the libraries get extracted to no new created subfolder (like the zip name)!
e..g the zip name is LibAddonMenu-2.0_r25 including the folder LibAddonMenu-2.0. The librarys folder "LibAddonMenu-2.0" needs to be extracted to the "AddOns" folder directly, without creating a new folder "LibAddonMenu-2.0_r25" above "LibAddonMenu-2.0"!

If you expand the addon in the ingame addons list, do you see the text which libraries are missing? Or install the addon Votans Addon List which will help you with a tooltip and shows which libraries are missing.
It also enables the needed libraries automatically if you enable an addon.
07/09/19, 01:09 PM   #3
bugtymetexan
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Check if you have installed the libraries correctly into the AddOns directory and not in any subfolder.
Give an example where your addons are located with an addon which needs libraries. And then tell us where this library is installed to.
be sure that the libraries get extracted to no new created subfolder (like the zip name)!
e..g the zip name is LibAddonMenu-2.0_r25 including the folder LibAddonMenu-2.0. The librarys folder "LibAddonMenu-2.0" needs to be extracted to the "AddOns" folder directly, without creating a new folder "LibAddonMenu-2.0_r25" above "LibAddonMenu-2.0"!

If you expand the addon in the ingame addons list, do you see the text which libraries are missing? Or install the addon Votans Addon List which will help you with a tooltip and shows which libraries are missing.
It also enables the needed libraries automatically if you enable an addon.
So this is a mac and all add-ons are installed as such:

/Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/live/AddOns/<addonname>

So, as an example, for AwesomeGuildStore... I see the following in the game (screenshot)

I have the libs listed in the /lib directories for each add-on. Should they be listed in a different directory?

Thanks!

PS - I did try Votans but it causes UI crashes (dumps errors to the screen) so unfortunately that is not an option.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-07-09 at 2.06.46 PM.png
Views:	293
Size:	533.2 KB
ID:	1140  

Last edited by bugtymetexan : 07/09/19 at 01:22 PM.
07/10/19, 08:21 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If the libraries are in the AwesomeGuildStore/libs folder you got an old version! Update teha ddon properly please. You need to read the addon description and check for the dependencies!

Taken from AwesomeGuildStore (https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...ldStore.html):

Dependencies:
Make sure to install the following required libraries in order to use AwesomeGuildStore.
-> This means you need to install the libraries into the AddOns folder like Ive described in my first comment in this thread.

/Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/live/AddOns/AwesomeGuildStore
/Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/live/AddOns/LibAddonmenu-2.0
/Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/live/AddOns/LibCustomMenu
etc.

Inside the Libxxx folders there need to be their Libxxx.TXT file to load them properly.
be sure to logout before updating libraries!

Last edited by Baertram : 07/10/19 at 08:23 AM.
07/11/19, 05:19 PM   #5
bugtymetexan
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
If the libraries are in the AwesomeGuildStore/libs folder you got an old version! Update teha ddon properly please. You need to read the addon description and check for the dependencies!

Taken from AwesomeGuildStore (https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...ldStore.html):

Dependencies:
Make sure to install the following required libraries in order to use AwesomeGuildStore.
-> This means you need to install the libraries into the AddOns folder like Ive described in my first comment in this thread.

/Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/live/AddOns/AwesomeGuildStore
/Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/live/AddOns/LibAddonmenu-2.0
/Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/live/AddOns/LibCustomMenu
etc.

Inside the Libxxx folders there need to be their Libxxx.TXT file to load them properly.
be sure to logout before updating libraries!
Ahhh yes that was the trick(s). I wasn't putting them at the root /AddOns menu and was not copying the .txt in the proper folder.

All fixed and working like a charm!!

Thank you!!!!!

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » AddOn Mac Help