05/05/14, 12:49 AM   #61
SwiftHunter
I get this error also, but only when I enable Simple Combat Alerts. This addon hasn't been updated in a while.
05/05/14, 03:00 AM   #62
Harven

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hey,
From my short experience I think that this error can also appear when the Client encounters some problems with calculating the UI layout. For example this simple gui leads to the error:
Code:
<GuiXml>
    <Controls>
        <TopLevelControl name="MyTestTopLevelControl" hidden="false" resizeToFitDescendents="true">
            <Anchor point="CENTER" />
            <Controls>
                <Backdrop name="$(parent)Backdrop" inherits="ZO_DefaultBackdrop">
                    <AnchorFill />
                </Backdrop>
            </Controls>
        </TopLevelControl>
    </Controls>
</GuiXml>
The source of the probem here is the resizeToFitDescendents attribute in combination with AnchorFill. Looks like the Client has some problem calculating MyTestTopLevelControl dimensions because it should resize to fit the backdrop but the backdrop want to fill it's parent. In the end this leads to "Too Many Anchors processed" error. Maybe there is some loop that processes the anchors and in the above example it processes the TopLevelControl anchor and then the backdrop anchor but then it realizes that it must process the parent anchor but since the backdrop must fill it's parent - it processes the backdrop anchor and so on. So the loop continues until it reaches some defined itaration condition (Too Many Anchors processed).

But it's just my guessing
05/12/14, 04:13 AM   #63
edwar368
I am not an add-ons author so the detailed technical responses here, some are over my head. I do use a lot of add-ons, and this issue only occurs on 1 of my 8 chars (the main one with the most add-ons installed). My experiments do seem to bare out that this is an API limitation
I have disabled add-ons individually and if they didn't stop the issue, I re enabled them, so basically I am only disabling 1 add-on at a time.
The add-on that is causing this for me is Wykkds framework 1.4.21.1.
When I disable this, the error goes away. As an aside, when I disable this, one of my other add-ons (Research Buddy) is also disabled due to dependency, however I ruled this add-on out, by re-enabling Wykkds frame work and disabling research buddy on its own, and I did not get the issue. So from my perspective, it is definitely Wykkyds framework that is pushing it over the edge on my main.
However, I do use Wykkyds Framework on my alts, (just for the toolbar) and most other add-ons are disabled, and on my alts, i do not get the issue
I am not actually sure what the impact of the error is, because it only occurs once on logon and if I reloadui, but I do not see anything not working as a result of the error. So its just a nuisance at the moment, not a major issue
05/13/14, 12:01 AM   #64
Klingo
I also received this message from time to time during my addon development. Interestingly it did not show up after every /reloadui but after most, although between two changes there might not have been any changes in the UI at all.

Then I had the idea to simply postpone the creation of the UI by just one second to see what effect this would have. Interestingly, since I did that I never experienced the "Too Many Anchors processed" anymore at all. I'm not fully sure yet whether this really is related to this, but maybe this warning only happens if too many anchors are processed at the same time?

Lua Code:
  1. function Settings.CreateOptions()
  2.     -- first create the panel with LAM
  3.     local panel = LAM:CreateControlPanel("MyAddonPanel", "MyAddonTitle")
  5.     -- then delay the actual creation of the option items by 1 second
  6.     zo_callLater(function() Settings.CreateOptionItems(panel) end, 1000)
  7. end
  9. function Settings.CreateOptionItems(panel)
  10.     -- add all objects to the panel
  11. end
05/23/14, 04:21 AM   #65
thelegendaryof

Originally Posted by Klingo View Post
Then I had the idea to simply postpone the creation of the UI by just one second ...
That 's actually a quite good piece of information. So maybe it 's more likely to be read

"To many Anchors processed AT ONCE / SIMULTANEOUSLY / IN A SHORT TIMEFRAME"

To avoid it LAM should use one - and only one - global method/chain that processes control-creations one by one -
or are you already doing that Seerah? (sorry didn't check your code ^^).

Hm, or it 's more like something in the native code as concerning to a recent report I got it happens not only on creation:

By: Fing3rz - Today 06:13 AM

Too many anchors processed.
Too many anchors processed.

It posted twice. Once a few seconds after i logged in and once when I hit esc and clicked settings.

Last edited by thelegendaryof : 05/23/14 at 05:41 AM.
05/26/14, 01:30 PM   #66
Regilla Marcianus
Well for me - yes I get the error message as well - it's Wykkyd's Framework 1.4.21.1. Disabled all my addons and enabled them one by one. As soon as I check Wykkyd's Framework, the message appears after Reload. What bothers me though is that I installed the addon due to Outfitters dependency on the Framework part. If I only had to click it once after loading a character, it's not so bad but I've lost track of all the /reloadui I had to do since I've been playing this game. So I hope that all those (out of date) addons get updated soon.
05/26/14, 01:37 PM   #67
thelegendaryof

Originally Posted by Regilla Marcianus View Post
Well for me - yes I get the error message as well - it's Wykkyd's Framework 1.4.21.1. Disabled all my addons and enabled them one by one. As soon as I check Wykkyd's Framework, the message appears after Reload. What bothers me though is that I installed the addon due to Outfitters dependency on the Framework part. If I only had to click it once after loading a character, it's not so bad but I've lost track of all the /reloadui I had to do since I've been playing this game. So I hope that all those (out of date) addons get updated soon.
Just use BugEater (formerly LibDebug) in the Meantime and Switch "Suppress Gui-Warnings" to true. The default Error-Handling is meh anyway.

Last edited by thelegendaryof : 05/26/14 at 01:42 PM.
05/26/14, 01:48 PM   #68
Regilla Marcianus
Originally Posted by thelegendaryof View Post
Just use BugEater (formerly LibDebug) in the Meantime and Switch "Suppress Gui-Warnings" to true. The default Error-Handling is meh anyway.
Thanks for the tip and now I know why you're "Legendary" *thumbs up
05/27/14, 01:30 AM   #69
crumb
too many anchors wyykyyds framework and greymindsquickslots

I am experiencing this issue as of today. The only add-on I added today was Wyykyyd's Framework and I cross checked it and it appears to be conflicting with the Greymind Quickslot Bar add-on. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you! p.s. I'm loving Wyykyyd's Framework
05/27/14, 03:26 AM   #70
thelegendaryof

Originally Posted by crumb View Post
I am experiencing this issue as of today. The only add-on I added today was Wyykyyd's Framework and I cross checked it and it appears to be conflicting with the Greymind Quickslot Bar add-on. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you! p.s. I'm loving Wyykyyd's Framework
Two posts above yours shouldn't be to hard to read - right - (until that stuff is sorted out)
05/27/14, 03:34 AM   #71
crumb
Two posts above yours shouldn't be to hard to read - right - (until that stuff is sorted out)
I saw that, not interested in a work around for just stopping the notification error message. I want a real fix that will not make me have to reload my ui as often, thanks anyway...
05/27/14, 04:02 AM   #72
thelegendaryof

Originally Posted by crumb View Post
I saw that, not interested in a work around for just stopping the notification error message. I want a real fix that will not make me have to reload my ui as often, thanks anyway...
Good luck as this is a thing that ZOS has ultimatevily to fix if you read this thread - any workaround that 's possible existing here is not a real fix. It 's a workaround. So all in all you're posting in the wrong location then. Head to the official forums, and wirte a ticket to ZOS if you want to support in it getting fixed by them.

That said - till ZOS fixes that (if they ever can/will fix it) some time will move by (as in weeks or months - just a guess).

Last edited by thelegendaryof : 05/27/14 at 04:08 AM.
05/27/14, 05:06 AM   #73
crumb
Good luck as this is a thing that ZOS has ultimatevily to fix if you read this thread - any workaround that 's possible existing here is not a real fix. It 's a workaround. So all in all you're posting in the wrong location then. Head to the official forums, and wirte a ticket to ZOS if you want to support in it getting fixed by them.

That said - till ZOS fixes that (if they ever can/will fix it) some time will move by (as in weeks or months - just a guess).
when you know what youre talking about make a comment, til then there is no need to be long winded in ultimately saying that you don't know what youre talking about...
05/27/14, 05:32 AM   #74
thelegendaryof

Maybe you can enlighten me with your technical background about the case and provided arguments how I don't have a clue?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wky5H1xC6-I

Last edited by thelegendaryof : 05/27/14 at 06:45 AM.
05/27/14, 07:26 PM   #75
crumb
got to love trolls, if you don't have a solution to the problem other than stating the obvious like contact customer support then why open your mouth...
05/27/14, 07:40 PM   #76
Stormknight

Crumb, he's not trolling you.

Whilst lots of theories have been and are being explored, it seems to be a bug in the Zenimax implementation, rather than something that addon authors are doing wrong.

As such, the only thing we can do, until Zenimax fix it, is to provide a workaround, which thelegendaryof stated above.

I know you wanted a fix, but it's not something we can provide you with.
05/27/14, 08:26 PM   #77
crumb
Originally Posted by Stormknight View Post
Crumb, he's not trolling you.

Whilst lots of theories have been and are being explored, it seems to be a bug in the Zenimax implementation, rather than something that addon authors are doing wrong.

As such, the only thing we can do, until Zenimax fix it, is to provide a workaround, which thelegendaryof stated above.

I know you wanted a fix, but it's not something we can provide you with.
trolls unite, i read the entire thread, i understand the issue, but there is a fix or workaround in the code that can be done rather than installing another addon, is that too much to ask? sheesh, some folks got nothing better to do than troll...
05/27/14, 08:34 PM   #78
thelegendaryof

Thanks Storm, well said. Thought I don't believe arguments get trought to him.

Cheers!

Edit:

Oh wow crumb. Your someone that has done NOTHING for this community aside from ranting around and insulting people that provide to this community rather then breaking it apart which your posts and behaviour clearly does.

Last edited by thelegendaryof : 05/27/14 at 08:47 PM.
05/27/14, 08:36 PM   #79
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Okay folks, settle down. Don't make me turn this thread around!
05/27/14, 09:20 PM   #80
crumb
I fixed the issue in the code for Greyminds Quickbar myself, no more anchor error, thanks for the tips in the thread...

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » "Too Many Anchors processed"