Quantcast "Created by" API function? - ESOUI
Thread Tools Display Modes
05/17/18, 02:13 PM   #1
VulcanTourist
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 27
"Created by" API function?

Is there an API function that exposes the "Created by" information for crafted items?

(I am embarrassingly incompetent at identifying whether such things exist; all I know how to do is scroll through the ESOUI API wiki hoping to spot something obvious, but the purpose of functions isn't always obvious to me from function names. If there's a better way short of rote memorizing, I don't know that way.)
  Reply With Quote
05/17/18, 08:27 PM   #2
Dolgubon
 
Dolgubon's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 314
The method I use is Ctrl + F. Search for related strings. It often works, but if you can't hit upon the correct thing to search for you can miss stuff. The functions in the wiki also tend to be sorted by what they generally affect. For example, functions related to Guilds are mostly together or in two different places. Item Link functions are all together. So if you scroll quickly and find a function which does something similar, check in the area around it too.
The functino you are looking for is GetItemCreatorName(number Bag bagId, number slotIndex). I searched for Creator. There's also similar functions for the creator name in trades and mail.
  Reply With Quote
05/21/18, 07:59 AM   #3
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 530
GetItemCreatorName(bag, slot)
  Reply With Quote
05/21/18, 09:13 PM   #4
VulcanTourist
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 27
The reason I inquired about this was that I had a notion to add a function to AutoCategory that would allow me to create a separate visual inventory category for consumables that I had crafted. Earlier I'd seen conversation about saving crafted consumables to use to satisfy the demands of future crafting writs, but at the time I didn't really understand because I'm new to the game and hadn't yet started doing writs. Now that I am, I see the practicality in saving extras for later writs.

There's always a chance of mishandling such items when one is in a hurry or sleep-deprived, however, and I thought it would be useful to make those items stand out as a group to avoid that possibility. My first inclination was to use AutoCategory to satisfy that need, but perhaps using FCOItemSaver might be more effective? It has the capability to actually safeguard items from specific actions, unlike AutoCategory. It would likely be considerably more work.

Is there already a solution for this that I haven't discovered?
  Reply With Quote
05/22/18, 02:15 AM   #5
Baertram
 
Baertram's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,768
You could use FCOItemSaver to mark the stuff you created with a marker icon and protect this against "what ever you want to protect it against" (trade, sell, destroy).

If I'm remembering correctly there is an option within FCOIS protection submenu -> "Anti-*" to protect food/drink against usage if they are marked with a marker icon.
Crafted items armor, weapon, shields) get already auto-marked with a markericon if you set the addon up to do so. Writ created stuff as well. But only if you use Dolgubon's Lazy Writ Creator -> And it only supports weapons and armor so far; no jewelry (until Summerset, maybe now it is supported), no alchemy, no provisioning and no enchanting.
  Reply With Quote
05/22/18, 02:26 AM   #6
VulcanTourist
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 27
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
You could use FCOItemSaver to mark the stuff you created with a marker icon and protect this against "what ever you want to protect it against" (trade, sell, destroy).

If I'm remembering correctly there is an option within FCOIS protection submenu -> "Anti-*" to protect food/drink against usage if they are marked with a marker icon.
Crafted items armor, weapon, shields) get already auto-marked with a markericon if you set the addon up to do so. Writ created stuff as well. But only if you use Dolgubon's Lazy Writ Creator -> And it only supports weapons and armor so far; no jewelry (until Summerset, maybe now it is supported), no alchemy, no provisioning and no enchanting.
After I wrote that, I revisited the FCOItemSaver settings in the game, and was reminded just how much complexity was hiding in there, some of which I hadn't used. One bit of that unused complexity was a setting or two to protect crafted food and potions, which I enabled. Is that exactly what I want? I'm a little unsure of the exact effect and whether it might have unintended consequences until I've ridden it around the block, but it seems promising. I started using FCOItemSaver to manually lock those crafted items, but I never trust myself not to miss something and it seemed a good candidate for automation.

Logically, I'd rather see that capability incorporated into Lazy Writ Crafter(Creator?) - which I do use - where those settings would nestle neatly alongside the similar integrated protections for crafted gear items (which I've also been using), but I'm glad it exists somewhere.
  Reply With Quote
05/22/18, 07:26 AM   #7
Baertram
 
Baertram's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,768
Be remembered:
If your food is protected you are not able to double click/use it from the inventory (as long as it is marked with a marker icon).
You are still able to put it to a quickslot though and use it from there.
If you want to use the items from the inventory you can use this way:
Go to the settings and enable the "Additional inventory buttons" > "Flag button".
Enable the "right click flag to change protection".

Inside your inventories you see a red/green flag at the top left corner (near the "Sort by name" entry).
If it's red: Protection at the current panel is disabled -> Food and other protected stuff can be used/dragged/dropped, destroyed!
If it's green: Protection at the current panel is enabled. -> Everything is protected again.

Right click this flag button to change the protection from on to off to on to off ...
Left clickit to get "mass marking" possibilities for the currently shown items (compatible with AdvancedFilters and base game inventory filters like weapons, armor (and AF subfilters like light, medium).
Only the currently "visible" items in your inventory list are mass marked/demarked/checked for automatic marking, etc.
  Reply With Quote
05/22/18, 10:05 AM   #8
VulcanTourist
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 27
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Be remembered:
If your food is protected you are not able to double click/use it from the inventory (as long as it is marked with a marker icon).
You are still able to put it to a quickslot though and use it from there.
If you want to use the items from the inventory you can use this way:
Go to the settings and enable the "Additional inventory buttons" > "Flag button".
Enable the "right click flag to change protection".

Inside your inventories you see a red/green flag at the top left corner (near the "Sort by name" entry).
If it's red: Protection at the current panel is disabled -> Food and other protected stuff can be used/dragged/dropped, destroyed!
If it's green: Protection at the current panel is enabled. -> Everything is protected again.

Right click this flag button to change the protection from on to off to on to off ...
Left clickit to get "mass marking" possibilities for the currently shown items (compatible with AdvancedFilters and base game inventory filters like weapons, armor (and AF subfilters like light, medium).
Only the currently "visible" items in your inventory list are mass marked/demarked/checked for automatic marking, etc.
Thank you for the reminder for all of us. I already knew of this limitation, but currently it's not a concern for me because none of what I craft for writs has ever been something I actually need to use for my current characters. I'm using "blue" or "purple" food for them, which "quickly" wound up in quickslots. Hmmm... come to think of it, I crafted the batches of those character foods and potions before I enabled that option in FCOItemSaver, so does that option enabled mean that when I manually craft any foods in the future they will become locked? Can I manually remove a lock and make it stay unlocked, or will FCOItemSaver reapply the lock? I have not experimented with those flag options. Would I trust myself with that much power to accidentally right-click in the wrong place and not notice the flag was now red instead of green?

Speaking of that flag... it's now way the heck off to the left side, outside the guild bank frame, and I should find a way to nudge it back where it belongs....

Last edited by VulcanTourist : 05/22/18 at 10:44 AM. Reason: incompleteness, if you must know!
  Reply With Quote
05/22/18, 01:23 PM   #9
Baertram
 
Baertram's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,768
The x and y axis positions can of the flag button can be changed in the same subsettings "Additional buttons" -> "Flag button" -> Sliders at the bottom.

If you enable FCOIS to use account wide settings your marked items will be automatically marked for the other characters/toons too.
So if you have marked your food "123" to protect it, your other char/toon which finds this food "123" too will automatically have the item marked and protected as well.
If you change the settings to "each character" this won't happen but you need to apply the marker icons for each character alone.
I'm using account wide settings as I want my items to be protected the same for each character.
  Reply With Quote
05/22/18, 01:30 PM   #10
VulcanTourist
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 27
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
The x and y axis positions can of the flag button can be changed in the same subsettings "Additional buttons" -> "Flag button" -> Sliders at the bottom.
The flag is only offset far to the left for the guild banks and not bag inventory, yet there's only one pair of X-Y sliders for all. If I adjust it for the guild bank, then I expect it will wind up in the middle of the headers or first item's description when I'm viewing bag inventory. I can't recall placement at crafting stations, but it's probably okay.

Or... I could mention it in the relevant forum and learn what others are seeing. :-/

Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
If you change the settings to "each character" this won't happen but you need to apply the marker icons for each character alone.
I'm using account wide settings as I want my items to be protected the same for each character.
I'm pretty sure that long term I want it that way, too, so I'm reluctant to change it. I've had much frustration because of character-specific settings changes to mods that didn't carry over and had to edited manually. The debut of Somerset for some reason made another round of that necessary, and I think I still missed one or two. There's a lot of mods I'm using that still don't have $AccountWide setting groups, and I'm not familiar with how to add them though I've read someone else claiming to have done it.
.

Last edited by VulcanTourist : 05/22/18 at 01:40 PM.
  Reply With Quote
05/22/18, 01:40 PM   #11
Baertram
 
Baertram's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,768
I'll check the standard offsets, maybe there is an error in there.

Edit:
Checked the offsets and ingame at the guild banks, everything is ok for me.
It's maybe another addon interfering.
Please try with only FCOItemSaver enabled, does it look ok then?
Enable the other addons afterwards (starting with guild bank or bank or "sort" changing addons) and see which one is the problem.

Last edited by Baertram : 05/22/18 at 01:57 PM.
  Reply With Quote
05/22/18, 03:34 PM   #12
VulcanTourist
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 27
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
I'll check the standard offsets, maybe there is an error in there.

Edit:
Checked the offsets and ingame at the guild banks, everything is ok for me.
It's maybe another addon interfering.
Please try with only FCOItemSaver enabled, does it look ok then?
Enable the other addons afterwards (starting with guild bank or bank or "sort" changing addons) and see which one is the problem.
The culprit is Quality Sort. The conflict affects the following frames: craft bag, guild bank only on withdraw, home storage chest only on withdraw, and crafting station Refine, Deconstruct, and Improvement tabs. Neither personal inventory or personal account bank are affected; I don't know why those might get a free pass.
.

Last edited by VulcanTourist : 05/22/18 at 03:53 PM.
  Reply With Quote
05/23/18, 08:58 AM   #13
Baertram
 
Baertram's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,768
Thanks, trying to find a way to fix this. FCOIS is attaching the button to the sortheaders. If Quality sort is changing them, FCOIS is still attached to them and the offsets are nuts.
  Reply With Quote
05/23/18, 09:12 AM   #14
VulcanTourist
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 27
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Thanks, trying to find a way to fix this. FCOIS is attaching the button to the sortheaders. If Quality sort is changing them, FCOIS is still attached to them and the offsets are nuts.
It certainly makes no sense to me, since in none of those instances is Quality Sort adding its heading to the left margin. Should it perhaps be implementing its insertion differently?
  Reply With Quote
05/24/18, 09:06 PM   #15
VulcanTourist
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 27
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Thanks, trying to find a way to fix this. FCOIS is attaching the button to the sortheaders. If Quality sort is changing them, FCOIS is still attached to them and the offsets are nuts.
Does the corrective action need to happen in Quality Sort? Silvereyes at least is active and could try to address it. I could mention the issue in its forum, but I'd want to make sure I describe it in a way that best outlines the issue to him.
  Reply With Quote
05/25/18, 12:46 PM   #16
Baertram
 
Baertram's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,768
No, thanks. If I find out that qsort needs adjustments I'll talk to Silvereyes.
  Reply With Quote

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » "Created by" API function?

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off