10/03/19, 12:37 PM   #1
Anceane

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
a plea to all authors addon

Please, please i love your addons and i respect the time you spend for us BUT could you make something about the addon's message that are literally invading our chats ?

As someone with view difficulty, i try to keep my chat for the essential, so when you do an addon offering choice between having an icon, or a message, i usually choose the icon.

When the icon vanish, i know its good.

But latelly, due to ZoS or not, all my chat windows are totally invaded but red, blue, yellow, purple, green messages saying things i dont care about.

i tried to redirect those message to one window, usually the loot windows. It worked for a long time but since one patch it seems not anymore.

I do my best to not have addons doing the same things to avoid conflict. I use Pchat.

I have some addons who created a special window (thinking of CombatMetrics) for the combat, and one in pvp doing the same for kills.

So would it be possible to decide that all addons messages are redirected to one window (tab) ? Or could you give us the option to see or mute or hide all those messages ?

Thank you
10/03/19, 01:11 PM   #2
ziggr

Sirinsidiator's LibDebugLogger + DebugLogViewer do an excellent job of routing most add-ons' chat output to a separate debugging window, freeing up chat for... chat!
10/03/19, 01:23 PM   #3
Anceane

Originally Posted by ziggr View Post
Sirinsidiator's LibDebugLogger + DebugLogViewer do an excellent job of routing most add-ons' chat output to a separate debugging window, freeing up chat for... chat!
I have those but unless there was some changes made, there was no option at start on how to configure the window, and hidden.

i will go check thank you

UPDATE and editing my previous info : the viewer can be configured, and would be probably great, but it does not remove the addons message info from the 5 tabs windows i have

For example, if i use BMU, FCO i will have in all tabs windows that i travelled and that i eat.

I know i travelled and i know who i used for it as i choose to travel on one specific person all the time.
I know i just ate something, the icon alert helped me doing so.

I dont mind having a message per say, i do mind having it in all tabs. I do organize my tabs so i dont encounter any trouble with my eyes and i dont miss guild or whispers.

Actually i do, because if i travel in 5 spots and i dont eat immediatly, then the messages add up lines and i miss things. Happened already a lot, but since one patch its worst.

I used to have No thank you successfully block all the arena and accomplishment alert from guildies, its not working any more. Happily i could manage to have that in one tab but the result is that i avoid going to the zone chat.

So yes to be back on the Viewer i could use it, i could even hide the window and that would be perfect but this does not remove anything from the chat.

I tried with all the Debug info warning error but nothing changed, all 5 tabs still getting everything, so i dont see the need to have the viewer and the 5 tabs saying the same thing lol

I guess i will just have to go in each addon and comment the chat section

------------------------------------------------------

Is there not any script i could use even day to day, to hide all addons messages ?

Last edited by Anceane : 10/03/19 at 01:59 PM.
10/03/19, 05:03 PM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
If you do not want to see the chat output within FCOStarveStop e.g. then disable the "Show results in chat" settings (or similar name, up in the "Food-buff" settings) The settings are meant exactly to help with this
Edit: Saw your post about the chat message disabled and still show. I've tested it and it works properly for me, see the comments here:
https://www.esoui.com/downloads/file...=1291#comments
Please answer in the comment section of FCOSS! Thanks.

And for me this only is shown at the ONE chat tab where I have configured (right click the chat tab, choose options) the "System" messages to show ->You'll need pChat enabled to be able to choose "System" on the chat tab options).

My most left chat tab is called "Sys" and shows npc chatter and system messages, and all other chat tabs are configured to NOT show the system messages. All addon stuff is only shown at the first "Sys" tab for me (using addon's d() messages), and some addons show it in the currently active chat tab (using other chat outpout methods) AT THE TIME AS the message happens.

And no, there is no script you could use except you could overwrite the d() function and all other chat output functions which will most likely break addons and your chat

Last edited by Baertram : 10/03/19 at 05:18 PM.
10/03/19, 05:59 PM   #5
Anceane

Thank you!

I answered already for FCO, did one modif and will deal with the only one message that is necessary i understand totally.

Now after reading here, i will check correctly my pchat settings.

All my tabs but 1 have the system unchecked in game, but i may have done something wrong within the pchat settings.

Sorry for the bothering all and thank you for your patience
10/03/19, 06:15 PM   #6
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Try to right click all tabs->choose options and check the "system" checkbox, then close the tab and re open the options of the tab again, and uncheck system once again.
MAybe you can even check and directly uncheck them to maker it work, without closing the tab options.
Sometimes, e.g. if you have used pChat to "copy the chat tabs from account/char1 to account/char2 etc:" it did not do it correctly and shows none or all messages at the tabs.

I often had that happen in the past on different characters.
Re-Applying them helps in most cases.
10/03/19, 07:09 PM   #7
Anceane

ohh that may be that. I have this addon for so long (pchat) and deal with 25 characters, so i think i will just delete the savedvariables, and start fresh with you pchat folder

Because i checked and rechecked and even forced husband to check LMAO :P (he was on netflix lmao)

on my 5 tabs, only the one called Loot have system checked. All others not.

But as lately Pchat did mess a bit, this may be that )

i will go play a little for now and check that later in the night while on insomnia

Thank you again

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » a plea to all authors addon