04/20/14, 12:44 PM   #1
BL!NK
Latency

I wish I could see my Latency between me and the server, is there any way to make a mod to display this in game?
04/20/14, 02:22 PM   #2
BadVolt
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by BL!NK View Post
I wish I could see my Latency between me and the server, is there any way to make a mod to display this in game?
There's no ingame API for that.
04/20/14, 03:47 PM   #3
Errc
Originally Posted by BadVolt View Post
There's no ingame API for that.
No direct api, but I think there is some API that does query the server. Items or something that trigger an event when the information is is available. Something like this might be able get some basic information about latency, but without any knowledge of the inner workings no way to know how accurate it would be.
04/21/14, 06:58 AM   #4
UselessFlaw
I don't think there is any consistent way to get the latency but you could get it by like making it join a channel and see the time lag between the JoinChatChannel and the EVENT_CHAT_CHANNEL_JOIN for example someone correct me if I'm wrong but it should give you a closer estimate... unless they run the chat on another server. There might be another function/event combo that would work better
10/26/14, 05:08 AM   #5
RealReeth
I take the freedom to necromize this thread as I still don't find any add-on that is able to display
the server-latency.
It's obvious when a lag begins, but the more interesting info would be when exactly it ends to start the action again. Very often it's not clear, but that info would have saved my char's life more than one time.

During these various API updates in the last months, is there maybe a chance to get something like this to work meanwhile ?
10/26/14, 06:02 AM   #6
Garkin

Originally Posted by RealReeth View Post
I take the freedom to necromize this thread as I still don't find any add-on that is able to display
the server-latency.
It's obvious when a lag begins, but the more interesting info would be when exactly it ends to start the action again. Very often it's not clear, but that info would have saved my char's life more than one time.

During these various API updates in the last months, is there maybe a chance to get something like this to work meanwhile ?
You have to wait for Update 5.
In the Update 5 will be added slash command /latency (and for addons function GetLatency).

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Latency