07/19/14, 07:00 PM   #1
pinstripesc
Where is this error coming from?

Hi all,

I've been getting this error lately and don't know what addon it's coming from. I assumed it was Alphatools but the author said it wasn't his code.

EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_SortHeaderGroup/ZO_SortHeaderGroup.lua:264: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_SortHeaderGroup/ZO_SortHeaderGroup.lua:264: in function 'ZO_SortHeader_OnMouseEnter'
11557962843809674184:3: in function '(main chunk)'
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_SortHeaderGroup/ZO_SortHeaderGroup.lua:269: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_SortHeaderGroup/ZO_SortHeaderGroup.lua:269: in function 'ZO_SortHeader_OnMouseExit'
12089123703077595437:3: in function '(main chunk)'

It seems to be when I hover over text? I hadn't even moved yet when I logged in and got it showing up.
07/19/14, 08:34 PM   #2
katkat42
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Try this: before logging in, disable (uncheck) half your add-ons. Then log in and see if you get the error. If not, re-enable those and disable the other half, and test again. Then divide that group of add-ons in half and repeat. This should help you narrow it down.
07/19/14, 10:20 PM   #3
Xrystal
caritas omnia vincit

Premium Member
Is it hovering over links in chatframe ? Have you got a chatframe addon that plays with how links are displayed ?

Just an idea as I spotted this error in my gatherer addon and am working on an update to convert the data so that the old links stored in the data are in the new format as old format links cause this error when hovering over them.
07/20/14, 05:42 AM   #4
pinstripesc
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
Is it hovering over links in chatframe ? Have you got a chatframe addon that plays with how links are displayed ?

Just an idea as I spotted this error in my gatherer addon and am working on an update to convert the data so that the old links stored in the data are in the new format as old format links cause this error when hovering over them.
I have derpURL but there weren't any links in chat yet, no.
07/20/14, 05:42 AM   #5
Garkin

It seems more like that this error is displayed when you hover over the name of column in list - for example in the inventory.
Pinstripesc, If you can tell us exaclty which text causes this issue we can try to find a solution.
07/24/14, 03:56 AM   #6
Garkin

Originally Posted by pinstripesc View Post
Hi all,

I've been getting this error lately and don't know what addon it's coming from. I assumed it was Alphatools but the author said it wasn't his code.

EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_SortHeaderGroup/ZO_SortHeaderGroup.lua:264: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_SortHeaderGroup/ZO_SortHeaderGroup.lua:264: in function 'ZO_SortHeader_OnMouseEnter'
11557962843809674184:3: in function '(main chunk)'
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_SortHeaderGroup/ZO_SortHeaderGroup.lua:269: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_SortHeaderGroup/ZO_SortHeaderGroup.lua:269: in function 'ZO_SortHeader_OnMouseExit'
12089123703077595437:3: in function '(main chunk)'

It seems to be when I hover over text? I hadn't even moved yet when I logged in and got it showing up.
I got this error when I move my mouse to the topleft corner of the screen. It is caused by Atlas addon, to be more specific it is this unused control in Atlas.xml:
xml Code:
  1. <Control name="SortHeaderFaction" inherits="ZO_SortHeaderIcon">
  2.     <OnInitialized>
  3.         ZO_SortHeader_InitializeArrowHeader(self, "status", ZO_SORT_ORDER_UP)
  4.         ZO_SortHeader_SetTooltip(self, "Faction")
  5.     </OnInitialized>                            
  6.     <Dimensions x="16" y="32" />
  7. </Control>
Reported here: http://www.esoui.com/portal.php?id=1...wbug&bugid=972

To fix this issue either delete or comment out lines above:
xml Code:
  1. <!--
  2.        <Control name="SortHeaderFaction" inherits="ZO_SortHeaderIcon">
  3.            <OnInitialized>
  4.                ZO_SortHeader_InitializeArrowHeader(self, "status", ZO_SORT_ORDER_UP)
  5.                ZO_SortHeader_SetTooltip(self, "Faction")
  6.            </OnInitialized>                            
  7.            <Dimensions x="16" y="32" />
  8.        </Control>
  9. -->
07/29/14, 08:51 PM   #7
pinstripesc
Wow, thanks Garkin!

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Where is this error coming from?