06/30/16, 06:18 PM   #1
javish

Some LUA error

I been getting this error since the new DLC and I have no clue which addon is causing it or if it's a game problem. Here's what I'm getting:

2016-06-30T19:21:41.512-04:00 |cff0000Lua Error: EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/InventorySlot.lua:661: attempt to access a private function 'PickupInventoryItem' from insecure code
stack traceback:
EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/InventorySlot.lua:661: in function 'TryBankItem'
EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/InventorySlot.lua:1395: in function 'INDEX_ACTION_CALLBACK'
EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/InventorySlotActions.lua:96: in function 'ZO_InventorySlotActions: DoPrimaryAction'
EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/ItemSlotActionController.lua:31: in function 'callback'
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_KeybindStrip/ZO_KeybindStrip.lua:613: in function 'ZO_KeybindStrip:TryHandlingKeybindDown'
(tail call): ?
(tail call): ?|r

If it's from an addon I have installed then I could post it on the addons thread. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!!
07/01/16, 12:24 AM   #2
votan

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by javish View Post
I been getting this error since the new DLC and I have no clue which addon is causing it or if it's a game problem. Here's what I'm getting:

2016-06-30T19:21:41.512-04:00 |cff0000Lua Error: EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/InventorySlot.lua:661: attempt to access a private function 'PickupInventoryItem' from insecure code
stack traceback:
EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/InventorySlot.lua:661: in function 'TryBankItem'
EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/InventorySlot.lua:1395: in function 'INDEX_ACTION_CALLBACK'
EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/InventorySlotActions.lua:96: in function 'ZO_InventorySlotActions: DoPrimaryAction'
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_KeybindStrip/ZO_KeybindStrip.lua:613: in function 'ZO_KeybindStrip:TryHandlingKeybindDown'
(tail call): ?|r

If it's from an addon I have installed then I could post it on the addons thread. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!!
This is a symptome, not a cause. An indirect error. It is a security check of ZOS. If you search of "private function insecure code", you will find more posts about that.

Unfortunately it can be any addon. Even worse, it can be a combination of addons and the order of action you did before.
You should post your addon list here.

If you just disable an addon, reload and do not get the "error", it does not tell much.
You have to find a repeatable way to produce the error. Typical a combination of you currently hover an item, you used key-bind or mouse before and used key-bind or mouse before that. Or have opened another scene before and did something there.

Then you can start pinpoint the addon and tell the author the way to re-produce (With the addons you use).
Otherwise there is not way to fix that.
07/01/16, 02:29 AM   #3
sirinsidiator

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It looks pretty similar to the error I get when I open a container. In my case the error happens when I open a container in the inventory, take everything in it (or just close it) and open another container without moving the mouse in the meantime while a certain addon is active.

In order to pinpoint the issue, try to remember which item you have moved before and when the error shows up, what you did with the mouse and keyboard and also if it happens directly after login or only after you played for a while. In the latter case it would also be important to know what else you did during that session.
07/01/16, 04:06 AM   #4
javish

I get it too when I open containers, just like you described. I also get it when I open my inventory and, I think, switch from inventory to craft bag and back to inventory. I'll check to see the exact way I do it when I get the error. Also I'll post my addon list later today when I get back from work.
07/09/16, 05:58 AM   #5
Asata
I get some similar errors. This one happens sometimes when trying to deposit/withdraw stuff from my bank when I use the E key (and it doesn't work), but right clicking and doing it manually does:
Code:
EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/InventorySlot.lua:649: attempt to access a private function 'PickupInventoryItem' from insecure code
stack traceback:
	EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/InventorySlot.lua:649: in function 'TryBankItem'
	EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/InventorySlot.lua:1401: in function 'INDEX_ACTION_CALLBACK'
	EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/InventorySlotActions.lua:96: in function 'ZO_InventorySlotActions:DoPrimaryAction'
This one just happened when trying to use a primal motif in my inventory using the E key (right clicking and doing it manually worked here as well):
Code:
EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/InventorySlot.lua:964: attempt to access a private function 'UseItem' from insecure code
stack traceback:
	EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/InventorySlot.lua:964: in function 'TryUseItem'
	EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/InventorySlot.lua:1145: in function 'INDEX_ACTION_CALLBACK'
	EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/InventorySlotActions.lua:96: in function 'ZO_InventorySlotActions:DoPrimaryAction'
My mods... Destinations, AUI - Advanced UI, AwesomeGuildStore, Azurah - Interface Enhanced, HarvestMap, LoreBooks, Master Merchant, SkyShards, Clock - Tamriel Standard Time, Harven's Quest Journal, Harven's Subtitle Addon, LootDrop, Lost Treasure, MailR, No, thank you!, Ravalox QuestTracker, Wykkyd Dialog Tweaks

It's only been happening the last few days so the most likely culprits are...
Destinations - July 7th
LoreBooks - July 3rd
Harven's Quest Journal - July 3rd
Azurah - Interface Enhanced - July 2nd
SkyShards - July 2nd
Awesome Guild Store - July 1st
AUI - Advanced UI - June 29th

edit: I disabled Wykkyd Dialog Tweaks and that seemed to make it stop.

Last edited by Asata : 07/17/16 at 07:38 PM.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Some LUA error