11/23/22, 10:59 AM   #1
hylomorph
Get the coordinates of siege engines

Does anyone know if you can get the world position of a siege engine (ballista, etc) placed by the player?

I know the following does not work:

With the reticle over the siege engine, the following only returns (0, 0, 0):

Lua Code:
  1. GetUnitRawWorldPosition("reticleover")

While interacting with the siege engine, this also returns (0, 0, 0):

Lua Code:
  1. GetUnitWorldPosition("interact")
11/23/22, 11:38 AM   #2
ExoY

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Depending on what your overall goal ist,
you can just take the player position when he places the siege weapon (pr during interaction) to get a rough estimate.

For more precision you can add some siege-depending offsets and such with some trial and error.
11/23/22, 12:08 PM   #3
hylomorph
I'm trying to be fairly precise in the siege location. There are some locations in Cyrodiil where placement is tricky; for example, where the ground is only level in small patches. I want to record a known-good location and put a 3D marker on the ground (like the HarvestMap markers) to help me find it again. The 3D markers are easy, but I can't get an xyz for the siege engine.

I like the idea of using the player location plus an offset as a workaround, but since players can choose the placement of the engine, I'm not sure a static offset distance from the player location would work.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Get the coordinates of siege engines