Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
07/02/14, 03:24 PM   #1
RawNemesis
Another connection issue

I feel like I need to apologize for posting this . I've read through all of the other threads and I still can't seem to get minion to connect. So, first things first, things I've tried:

Checked Firewall:
Norton 360/Windows Firewall - Minion exception manually added and clearly visible.
DSL Modem/Router - Could not figure out how to make an exception so I completely disabled the firewall and it still didn't help (IPv4 firewall, IPv6 appeared to be disabled completely).
Normally I have a router behind the DSL Modem/Router (don't ask...) and I've had problems with that before, so I bypassed the internal router and plugged directly into the DSL model for this testing.

Proxies: I do not believe I have any proxies, but I can't say that I'm 100% certain. Default browser is Chrome, when I check for Proxies the connections list is blank. Not sure it is applicable but all IP addresses are set dynamically by the DSL modem...

Finally, this may or may not help, but this has been a long term problem. When I used the older version of Minion, I could get in and see when one of the add-ons was outdated, but when I tried to update, it would just spin (assuming it couldn't connect) and never do anything. With the new version it simply says can't connect and then exits.

Thanks in advance for any ideas...
OS is Windows 7 x64

logs attached (or should be):
Attached Files
File Type: xml minion.xml (701 Bytes, 487 views)
File Type: log minion0.log (10.5 KB, 734 views)

Last edited by RawNemesis : 07/02/14 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Add OS Info

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Another connection issue