06/09/19, 11:44 PM   #1
symmas
LF Addon that has chance of making your character talk

Hi there! I don't know what to call the type of addon this would be, yet I'm looking for something that you can set a % chance of making your character /say a certain phrase, sentence, etc when a certain event, entering combat for example, happens.

I've tried to do this sort of thing myself manually, yet the combat in ESO is counterintuitive to this unlike other MMOs which aren't as mobile and don't require constant manual targeting. Typing something in chat while fighting is doable, yet not terribly easy. I find I tend to be able to kill most things or groups before I get a chance to even type something simple out like "For the Flame!"

I've looked at every mod available in the RP section, not sure where else it may be. If such an addon is around I'd love to get a link to it if you've got one. It's a little thing, but it adds some enjoyment to my gaming to have my character randomly react via preset text to various events.

A similar addon in another game is SpeakinSpell for WoW which you can find on the curse forge, in case I didn't quite explain what I was after well enough that would give you a better idea.

Thank you for your time!
06/10/19, 02:03 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hi

Unfortunately addons cannot write to chat so that others can see it automatically. One could build an addon which writes it to the chat so that only you can see it.

I should be pretty simple if you want to do it yourself, go to the wiki of esoui and check the addon tutorials. Then search in the wiki for event_combat and you'll be able to create a function which will be triggered as combat starts.
All you need is a table of sentences then and a randomizer which will choose one table index as combat event is triggered + used the chat add message or d("For the flame!") message then.
06/10/19, 11:40 PM   #3
symmas
Thanks for the info, I didn't know that. So the rp addon, In-Character - Role Play Addon, that prints descriptions to chat does it in a way that others can't see? That's far out! I was worried using that would end up spamming chat. Well that's sure good to know, even if I didn't get exactly what I wanted I learned something cool. Thanks for the advice, too, by the by. I appreciate your time and help!
06/11/19, 07:49 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If you write chat to the zone chat or say chat others are able to read it. But no addon can automatically write to it!
They can only add it to the chat edit input box and you need to press the return key to send it. That's what I meant.
They can preselect the chat's channel, like zoneen or zonede or say or group or whisper, but you need to accomplish the sending via presskng the key (for security reasons). This way addons are able to share data via the chat and to not disturb others the rp addons might use non used chat channels on the servers, like the zonejp (Japanese) on the EU servers, or zonede (German) on the US server.

Addons are only able to put it in the debug messages or local chat automatically. So only you see this.
Try in the chat input box:
/script d("Chat message only I'm able to see")
This is a debug message which should only be shown in the chat tab where the system messages are enabled in the chat tab channel options. So only you can read this

Last edited by Baertram : 06/11/19 at 08:14 AM.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » LF Addon that has chance of making your character talk