07/06/19, 11:56 AM   #1
Stoogie
Lag ghost addon request

I play at 350ms from australia, can someone make a addon that creates a ghost of yourself delayed behind where you was in the past based on your latency?

to start i guess you could do
Spawn a character sized down arrow on character position every 100ms and show to user after latency value in milliseconds
maybe even an option to edit and set a permanent delay time
color, transparency and size settings

advanced:
make actual ghost render of your character
option to show hitbox or mimic

So I can practice avoiding damage as I still get hit sometimes 5+ meters away, i would like to know where I am on server-side.

Last edited by Stoogie : 07/06/19 at 12:05 PM.
07/06/19, 04:43 PM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm afraid but we got no latency or netcode depended API to fulfill this request. One would be able to save the current map position somehow every 100ms I guess but it would be the server returned value. So it includes the lag already.

And to be clear: why do you need this addon or what would be the benefit in the end as the position would be the same as you actually see in game.

I doubt you could use anything like this to practice avoiding hits.
07/07/19, 12:29 AM   #3
Stoogie
When heaps of stuff is happening and you are moving and rolling and running, the 350-400ms delay behind you is hard to calculate in your head at the same time, would be easier to just see it and practice moving ahead of time and it also shows why you got hit even though your character is no where near it.

Last edited by Stoogie : 07/07/19 at 10:31 AM.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Lag ghost addon request