05/11/14, 07:49 AM   #1
Xrystal
caritas omnia vincit

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
How do you update ZO_CompassCenterOverPinLabel ?

So far I have tried ZO_CompassCenterOverPinLabel:SetText("") when not in immediate range and ZO_CompassCenterOverPinLabel(pin.name) when in range but so far none of my harvest node icons receive a display in the label above them. But the quest items still do.

Anyone done any work in this area yet and has figured it out yet ?

In the mean time I'll keep plugging at it as I know my compass pins are displaying when they are further away than the compass seems to think they are.
05/11/14, 08:01 AM   #2
Garkin

Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
So far I have tried ZO_CompassCenterOverPinLabel:SetText("") when not in immediate range and ZO_CompassCenterOverPinLabel(pin.name) when in range but so far none of my harvest node icons receive a display in the label above them. But the quest items still do.

Anyone done any work in this area yet and has figured it out yet ?

In the mean time I'll keep plugging at it as I know my compass pins are displaying when they are further away than the compass seems to think they are.
It seems that compass uses fade in/out animation for that label, try to use:
COMPASS.centerOverPinLabel:SetText(text)
and then:
COMPASS.centerOverPinLabelAnimation:PlayForward() --show label
or
COMPASS.centerOverPinLabelAnimation:PlayBackward() --hide label
05/11/14, 08:41 AM   #3
Xrystal
caritas omnia vincit

Premium Member
Thanks. It works kinda but only flashing if a quest item happens to be in the same location on the compass bar. Other nodes don't display anything. More testing.

Also, looks like more investigation into how the compass/map pin functions can be expanded because at present I don't have a good display text for the compass icon yet and it ignores what I pass to it from the map pin function that does have that information.

edit:
Hmm, well that's annoying. There must be something else you have to do with the animation / overpinlabel to tell it when to work because at present it seems to flash the same text regardless of what nodes are on the compass and only if there is a quest icon at the center point of the compass, otherwise no text is displayed at all. However I have worked in a way to pass the node name through to the compass manager so that it can be used as a display text. Just wish I knew how to get it to display properly rofl.

edit2:
Well have it set up correctly now so that it tells me when it should display the text and for which items. Everything is matching up except the fact that no text appears. Unless I happen to also be near an existing POI, so there must be something else somewhere that has to be done. Picture attached to show you what I mean.

edit3:
Think I have figured out why. I am cycling through the compass data and validating what has to go on the compass and what doesn't. If it doesn't the playback animation is played, if it does then the playforward is played. So, if I playforward on one but the next one in the list is playback then it would give the impression of a flash. More testing to do rofl.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20140511_172819.jpg
Views:	396
Size:	559.1 KB
ID:	228  

Last edited by Xrystal : 05/11/14 at 10:34 AM.
05/11/14, 12:56 PM   #4
Xrystal
caritas omnia vincit

Premium Member
Well managed to get something working by using :

COMPASS.centerOverPinLabelAnimation.duration = 300
COMPASS.centerOverPinLabelAnimation:SetHandler("OnPlay",
function(self,completed)
COMPASS.centerOverPinLabel:SetText(v.Name)
end
)

However, where there is only one overpinlabel control it messes up the quest pins when I do this and not all the pins I am expecting are working this way.

So for now it seems the name above the compass bar will have to wait until it is figured out.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » How do you update ZO_CompassCenterOverPinLabel ?