02/06/22, 01:11 AM   #1
zergz
Map pins issue

Hey guys I'm new to addons but dig most of them. Map pins is installed and I see some of the pins on the map but when I open my map I don't have the huge filter list on the right side of the screen that you all seem to have (the one shown in the screenshot). All I have is the standard map filters. I've done all I can to ensure my map pins is installed properly and up to date. Any ideas?
02/06/22, 02:56 AM   #2
Sharlikran

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
There are not any mods that support Gamepad mode for map filters. Switch to keyboard mode to change the filters then switch back to gamepad mode.
02/06/22, 08:20 AM   #3
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
If this is not Gampad mode related please disable ALL addons and only enable 1 addon using MapPins and try if this fixes it for you. Maybe other addons interfere here so you need to find out which of your addons, in combination, do this.
Also check all your addon's folders in liv/AddOns for subfolders like "/libs" and if the libraries in there are also available at www.esoui.com for download, download them there and install directly "once" to live/AddOns (e.g. LibAddonMenu) and remove that libraries from the "/libs" subfolders of your addons!
02/06/22, 09:13 AM   #4
zergz
Thanks

I spent an embarrassing amount of time trying to sort that and you boys figured it out in like two seconds. Thanks a ton. I genuinely appreciate it.
02/06/22, 10:25 AM   #5
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Experience Glad it worked out for you. Just out of curiosity: What was the issue for you in detail now? Maybe others suffer from similar issues, find your post and look for an answer.

Last edited by Baertram : 02/06/22 at 02:39 PM.
02/06/22, 10:56 AM   #6
zergz
Issue details

It was as simple as turning off gamepad. The map screen must be set to certain defaults when gamepad is active but I was unable to add any map pins beyond a few basic ones like lorebooks, chest, skyshards, and thieves troves. Once I turned off gamepad mode the full filter screen popped up and I was able to use map pins as designed. Sadly, nothing on their esoui page or the website linked by minion suggested this. But you guys knew right away. Thanks for the assist.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Map pins issue