02/05/22, 09:36 AM   #1
Hotzelvit

SELLING at GS from JUNK TAB

Hello,

I'm filtering my inventory with FOCIS - great addon - and I've run into the problem of not being able to sell stuff I assorted to 'junk' at the Guild Stores.
Does anyone know an addon that enables that function? Help highly requested here. Selling from the 'Junk' tab in this case would make things 10x easier.

Thank you to anyone reading this.
02/05/22, 10:56 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Not sure how you mark your items and move them to junk but I'm marking the items with the FCOIS "Sell to guildstore" marker icon which is build for that. But this marker icon prevents items to be moved to junk if you move items via the FCOIS keybinding "move all to junk" (will only move all items marked with the normal "sell icon" to junk then).

You are easily able to filter the items at the guild store with that marker icon then (Right click 3rd filter button -> choose "Sell at guildstore" icon -> left click 4rd filter button until it is yellow "only show") and it will remember that icon selected there.

If you use other addons to mark items as junk, and you want to sell that at guild stores, the idea behind it is wrong imho. Junk are items marked for selling to normal verndors quickly, and not to be sold at guild stores.
Vanilla UI already shows you that clearly by not allowing/showing you any junk marked items there.
If vanilla code filters out junk marked items you cannot easily re-add them!
It would need to recode a lot at the guild stores, introducing new bugs and problems with other addons.
Same like trying to add a "Stolen" tab to the inventory by Harven, which works "okay" but introduces a lot of errors and problems in compatiblity with other addons like AdvancedFilters etc.

So one should not try to recode all guild store logic to meet your requirement, but you should change your markings and understanding of junk
02/05/22, 11:58 AM   #3
Hotzelvit

Good point, big bear

Here's the situation: An account with 10 chars, no eso+. I let them gather their daily writ boxes for 10-11 days: so every char has 70-80 boxes on them.

- first, auto-open all boxes (function from BanditUI addon: Automation/container handler) //note: this is about the amount of daily writ boxes you can open in an empty 210 inventory without filling it up before all were opned.
- second: in the past was selling all intricates, ornates, runes, recipes at the merchant - __so I had them all 'marked for selling' and via the SUPER-FUNCTION from FOCIS moved to the junk with 1-click, then auto-selling at merchant with Personal Assistant Junk addon

However, a guild bank now allows me to store the intricates, runes for selling at guild store.

I hate to go through the process of unmarking all these intricates and re-marking them with the 'sell at guild store' icon. In particular because of the gear variety with trait 'intricate': even after months I get intricates from opening writ boxes that are not pre-marked with 'selling'. And in terms of management, it's really neat to have these items destined for guild store all in one tab (junk).

As you know the ins and outs of FOCIS much better than I do: What would you do in such a case, if I may ask, Baertram?

Delete the saved variables from FOCIS?... gonna mess with other stuff as I run several accs.

One thing that could help indeed would be a 'keybind' or/and an on-screen button that would 'move all items OUT OF JUNK' - Is that something that exists? Or would it be very difficult to add that?

If that's something that you or anyone else could do: a thousand Thanks (and more !
02/05/22, 12:34 PM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Not sure if I understood all properly bu if you mark items in junk with the mass marking functionaly of FCOIS (flag icon) with anther marker icon like "Sell at guild store" it will automatically be removed from junk again (if enabled in FCOIS settings for junk).
So maybe move them to junk and then,a t this tab before going to a guild store, use the filter buttons at the bottom and AdvancedFilters dropdown filters (AdvancedFilters also provides other filters at top of the junk to e.g. only select armor, weapons, etc.) at the top righ to filter to items you wish to sell at a guild store again, and then use the "flag" icon to mass-mark them with "sell at guildstore".
If you have enabled the autoatic un-mark for deconstruction this new applying "sell at guildstore" icon will auto remove the decon icon then for you.

That's what I do with normal inventory typically.

Maybe one day I'll add other icons to select for the automatic intricate marker icon, instead of "deconstruct" e.g. -> "Sell" or "Sell at guildstore".

I'm also working on FCOIS settings to enable a new save mode for the SavedVariables: All accouns and servers the same.
Maybe that helps you. Or the already existing entry "All accounts the same" helps to auto re-mark items on account 2 the same as on account 1.

Last edited by Baertram : 02/05/22 at 12:36 PM.
02/05/22, 01:59 PM   #5
Hotzelvit

Thank You!

I hadn't discovered the context menu of the 'flag' (by left-clicking it) until you just told me.

'Remove all from junk' is the function that solves it.

Note: I just used 'remove from junk' on ~100 items and was kicked out of the session bc of 'exceeding message limit'. The same happened after I tried to move ~100 items from the inventory to junk via the FOCIS '1-click'-move all to junk feature.

Will get back to you in game for a small 'Thank you'.
02/05/22, 03:00 PM   #6
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
hm okay. Guess I need to add some delays in there then, so it will only work on e.g. 50 item "stacks" after each other, with 250ms delay in between.
On my pile of features/bugfixes

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » SELLING at GS from JUNK TAB